The poster of Indu Sarkar. With his release date around the corner, Bhandarkar had no choice but to take Indu Sarkar right back to the CBFC where it was cleared with subsantial cuts on Monday afternoon.
Furthermore, reiterating Nirupam's request, Maharashtra Leader of Opposition (LoP) Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil wrote to state Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to intervene in the matter revolving around the controversial movie "Indu Sarkar" based on the Emergency imposed by former prime minister Indira Gandhi.
She had also asked to quash and set aside the certificate granted by the CBFC to continue with the film. Ecstatic with the response, the filmmaker took to social media platform and thanked the board for passing the film.
The case had been filed against Indu sarkar director Madhur Bhandarkar, producer Bharat Shah and even actors Neil Nitin Mukesh and Anupam Kher under Section 133, 142, 143 and 144 of the Indian Penal Code.
US Energy Secretary takes 22-minute prank call from "Ukrainian Prime Minister"
According to the report, Vladimir Kuznetsov and Alexei Stolyarov have engaged in similar prank calls with U.S. The pranksters called singer Elton John in 2015 claiming to be Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Earlier also, Bhandarkar had censured the controversy surrounding his upcoming directorial venture and had asserted that the movie is not a documentary, but a work of fiction. These problems increase to such an extent that they have to separate and Indu Sarkar goes on a path, which she never thought about and becomes a part of emergency, ? she added.
Meanwhile, Priya Singh Paul, who claims to be the biological daughter of late Congress leader Sanjay Gandhi, has filed a writ petition at the Bombay High Court against the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) and the makers of "Indu Sarkar" to put a stay on the release of Madhur Bhandarkar's upcoming film.
Mr Nizam also said that Mr Bhandarkar himself had claimed the film is 30 per cent fact and hence people would not be able to differentiate between facts and fiction. The reality is based on the books and the documentaries made on them. "That's why you get angry when you see such selective activism", Bhandarkar said at a press conference here on Tuesday.
- Jaguars hand out record-breaking five-year extension to center Brandon Linder
- Trump might replace AG Sessions with NYC Mayor Giuliani
- Matt Groening Is Bringing 'Disenchantment' To Netflix
- Backstreet Boys, Florida Georgia Line will sing each other's hits on CMT
- Dollar Index Falls to 13-month Low on Fed Worries
- Trump says he's 'very disappointed in Jeff Sessions'
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY) Receives Consensus Recommendation of "Buy" from Analysts
- Man City to sign Real defender Danilo for £26.5m
- Louisiana's US senators support start of health care debate
- La Lune pourrait bien contenir d'importantes réserves d'eau !