"I can't explain it but it means a lot", Li said.
Needing a par at the last to become the first player to card a sub-63 round in a major, Grace shot over the green with his second shot but two-putted from the fringe to card a history-making four.
Playing with South Africa's Ernie Els, a two-time former British Open victor, Li sealed his superb effort with an immaculate approach shot to within five feet of the pin on 18, leaving an easy birdie putt. The 7-under round moved him to 6 under for the tournament and after being just two shots off the lead at one stage, he finished in third place and six shots behind champion Jordan Spieth. "Glad to see I holed everything", he smiled.
Kuchar wobbled with a double-bogey at the 16th before fighting back to birdie the 17th on the way to a 66 and Spieth drained a 12-foot putt at the last to give himself a cushion as he bids for a first British Open title.
"When you get on a run like that, you stop thinking about golf".
Chicharito: Javier Hernandez officially joins West Ham United in transfer
West Ham have been crying out for a striker who even knows the vague direction of the goal in recent years. This summer you can see with the players signed that they are looking to have a very good season.
Haotong Li would get in the Masters if he remains top 4. "It was really special to see".
Li said he felt at home at Royal Birkdale because it was similar to the course he plays in Shanghai, Lake Malaren.
"Unbelievable, actually", he said. "For some reason after hole No. 8, I just started holing everything. Then I started to hole everything so I was quite happy out there". Sometimes it helps not knowing these things.
Branden Grace recorded history on day three of The Open Championship when he carded a score of 62. "It's not the same number, but it's the same quality golf".
Li had gone 69-73-69 through his first three rounds, solid if unspectacular form.
- "S'il vient, le PSG grandira avec Neymar" — Berchiche
- Salman Khan to make Shah Rukh Khan wait for this film?
- Luke Bryan Lets Terminally Ill 88-Year-Old Fan Grab His Butt
- Colombia's FARC rebels to launch as political party on September 1
- 10.000 personnes évacuées à Bormes-les-Mimosas, dans le Var — Incendie
- CTE found in brains of 110 out of 111 deceased NFLers
- MK Stalin slams CM Palaniswami for seeking "temporary solution" for NEET
- Portland home prices climb 8.9 percent year-over-year
- Bond is back: Daniel Craig comes back as 007
- Red Sox trade for Giants All-Star Eduardo Nunez, report says