The American Red Cross is urging people to give blood in order to help alleviate a critical blood shortage.
This blood drive comes when the Red Cross is facing a critical blood shortage and is issuing an emergency call for donors of all types to give now so patients can continue to receive the lifesaving treatments they need.
Beginning on Wednesday, July 26th, and through Thursday, August 31st, the Red Cross is offering a free $5 Target e-gift card to donors as a way to say "thank you" for helping during this time of need.
Blood products are still being distributed to hospitals as fast as donations are coming in, so more donations are needed to meet patient needs and replenish the blood supply, according to Red Cross officials. The shortfall is the equivalent of the Red Cross not collecting any blood donations for more than four days. "We are grateful for those who have already stepped up this summer to give and want to remind those who are eligible that hospital patients are still counting on them to roll up a sleeve".
To donate call the American Red Cross at 1-800-733-2767 or use the Blood Donor App or visit redcrossblood.org. While thousands have donated, the organization is still suffering a shortage of much needed blood of all types. After receiving 77 units of blood, Poulin defied the odds.
Trump silences reporter for asking a question
During a photo-op with outgoing White House interns, a female reporter can be heard off-camera, asking, "Mr. The president then rolled his eyes before Lucey followed up with, "Do you have a message on health care? ".
Upcoming blood donation opportunities July 25-Aug.
"If it wasn't for the generosity of volunteer blood donors, I would not be here today", he said. Donation appointments and completion of a RapidPass online health history questionnaire are encouraged to help reduce wait times. When he arrived for his second blood transfusion, he was told the blood he needed was not available.
8/11/2017: noon - 6 p.m.
7/31/2017: 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
7/26/2017: 2 - 7 p.m.
- Ukraine Government 'Didn't Help Any Candidate' in 2016 US Election - Embassy
- Sheriff: Kingman child left in desert with no water, shoes
- Blue Apron Shakes Up Executives Less Than a Month After IPO
- AT&T shares up almost 3 percent after earnings beat
- Israel Dismantles Controversial Metal Detectors At Jerusalem Holy Site
- Seth Meyers Takes "A Closer Look" at "Experienced Schmoozer" Anthony Scaramucci
- Israel to remove metal detectors outside Al Aqsa mosque
- Jerusalem holy site crisis must be resolved by Friday:UN envoy
- UN Security Council to Meet Over Jerusalem Violence
- EU, Turkey reflect on high-level meeting