Dozens of passengers had to be evacuated from a popular ride at Alton Towers this afternoon - after it stopped at the highest point.
Witness Alex Heasman-Bailey, 16, told MailOnline that he heard a "clunking noise" as the ride suddenly came to a halt.
The carriage is completely stuck at the top and it isn't going.
"People were led down two by two, each descent taking approximately 35 minutes, Oblivion has now been shut due to what staff say are technical difficulties".
"I was quite shocked because it's right opposite the Smiler where the incident was a few years ago".
Ravens' Kenneth Dixon Out For Season With Torn Meniscus
Dixon will have surgery to fix a torn meniscus on Tuesday, with a possible 6-8 week absence depending on how severe the tear is. Rainey, 29, signed with the Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 2012 and spent the 2016 season with the New York Giants.
"People were gathering around and looking up at the ride. There were a few staff from the nearby shops that were looking up at it as well".
Witnesses described seeing the carriage grind to a halt at the rollercoaster's highest point.
A spokesperson for the park said: "This afternoon Oblivion stopped after a sensor on the ride detected a minor fault".
'The ride performed exactly as it is created to do.
In 2015 Alton Towers hit the headlines after a horrific accident on the Smiler roller coaster when two teenagers both lost a leg and 14 others suffered injuries. In line with our well-rehearsed procedures, guests were assisted from the ride.
- Zachary Patten arraigned on murder, home invasion charges
- U.S. wants to make us scapegoat for their failure: Pakistan Senator
- EU, Turkey reflect on high-level meeting
- Blue Apron Shakes Up Executives Less Than a Month After IPO
- American Red Cross: Blood Shortage Emergency Continues
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Trump silences reporter for asking a question
- Photo shows Aston Villa's Jordan Veretout undergoing Fiorentina medical
- Lens : le Brésilien Dankler a signé (officiel)
- Unemployment rate increases slightly in June