Even the smallest perceived change to delicate arrangements pertaining to the site sparks tensions.
In the past two years, Palestinians have killed 45 Israelis, two visiting Americans and a British tourist, mostly in stabbing attacks.
An Israeli embassy security guard has shot dead a Jordanian who attacked him with a screwdriver and a second Jordanian has also died, the Israeli Foreign Ministry said.
"Israel is still examining the request", the source said.
It is one of the most serious incidents between the two countries since they signed a peace treaty in 1994.
Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
C’est également le cas de l’attaquant de Liverpool Christian Benteke. C’est ce que vous découvrirez dans cet article.
While the guard and Israel claim self-defense, Jordan has refused to allow the guard or any of the Israeli embassy staff to leave the premises until the guard is questioned as some Jordanians have claimed the guard did not shoot in self-defense. Israel says the guard has diplomatic immunity under global conventions and is in touch with Jordanian authorities on the matter.
The incident comes at a time of mounting tensions between Israel and the Muslim world. Palestinians view the move as Israel asserting further control over the Haram al-Sharif mosque compound, known to Jews as Temple Mount. Israel denied this charge. "He later died of his wounds", the statement said.
Sabri says newly installed security cameras, described in media reports as a possible alternative to the metal detectors, were discussed.
Jordan serves as Muslim custodian of the 37-acre walled compound, the third holiest site of Islam. "The murderers will never tell us how to search the murderers", Tzachi Hanegbi, Israeli minister for regional development, told Army Radio on Sunday.
As part of intensifying diplomatic efforts, President Donald Trump's Mideast envoy, Jason Greenblatt, met with Netanyahu in Jerusalem on Monday. On Friday, a Palestinian also stabbed three Israelis to death inside their home in a settlement in the occupied West Bank. The injuired man opened fire, killing both his assailant and the building's landlord, a Jordanian doctor. They were captured shortly after the attack.
- Noteworthy Movers: Blackberry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)
- The Sims 4 Coming To Xbox One This November
- First haj flight leaves for Madina
- LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 étoffe son casting dans une nouvelle bande-annonce !
- Sanjay Dutt's blood-soaked face in Bhoomi teaser poster looks intriguing
- Koscielny: Arsenal and Wenger have my loyalty
- Will Song Joong-ki star in reality show with Song Hye-kyo?
- Riyad Mahrez 'not slacking' despite wanting out of Leicester, says Wes Morgan
- MSNBC Makes Network History With Stretch Of No. 1 Cable Ratings
- Palestinian leader halts security co-operation with Israel