The group, which spun off its lighting division previous year to focus on medical devices and healthcare products, cautioned that markets globally remained volatile and its overall outlook for 2017 was unchanged.
"Philips' performance in the second quarter of 2017 was solid, with 4% comparable sales growth in our HealthTech portfolio driven by Western Europe, North America and China, and a strong 8% increase in our order intake". "We don't know whether they are shareholders or not", van Houten said on a conference call Monday.
Van Houten has transformed the former conglomerate into a focussed maker of healthcare equipment over the past five years, selling most of its remaining consumer products business in addition to spinning off the lighting division.
Neymar au PSG : Gérard Piqué fait une annonce fracassante sur Twitter
Dès les premiers échanges parisiens, le Brésilien a ainsi fait parvenir la liste des joueurs dont il aimerait être entouré. Les risques de sanctions dans le cadre du fair-play financier semblent inquiéter l'entourage du Brésilien.
Philips shares have risen 18 percent since the beginning of the year. The group also kept its full-year estimates of 4% to 6% sales growth in tact and said it expects to see a 100 basis point margin improvement over the same period.
In the quarter, income from operations or EBIT declined to 252 million euros, or 5.9% of sales, from 265 million euros, or 6.4% of sales, in 2016.
"Despite continued volatility in the markets in which we operate, our outlook for 2017 remains unchanged as we expect further operational improvements and comparable sales growth in the year to be back-end loaded, supported by a strong order book", he added.
Analysts were looking for adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, and amortization (EBITA) of $511.1 million (€438 million).
- Top Institutional Investors That Own The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (GS)
- Trump speaks to advisers about firing his AG Jeff Sessions
- Upcoming Tata Nexon Compact SUV Features List Released
- Branden Grace shoots majors record as Jordan Spieth leads British Open
- Padres trade Cahill, Mauer and Buchter to KC Royals
- Man arrested after brutal attack on Spanish policeman
- Renault en toute transparence — Carnet d'entretien numérique
- Interconnection charges has no relation with tariff: Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Amber alert issued for 5-year-old girl taken from day care
- Senate Judiciary Committee issues subpoena for former Trump campaign manager Manafort