Arya immediately though the wolf was Nymeria, but she wouldn't let Arya touch her.
Later, Arya is surrounded by wolves. The two finally met once again during Sunday night's episode, an encounter that was years in the making; the last we saw of Nymeria, she was being sent away by Arya in the second episode of the series, so the wolf could avoid being executed by Lannister soldiers for biting the still-alive Prince Joffrey.
The phrase, as sharp-eared fans might remember, deliberately echoed an exchange that the younger Stark daughter had with her father Eddard (Sean Bean) in season one.
"That's not you", Arya says.
Lockheed Recycles Shuttle Parts For Deep Space Station
The company will also rely on mixed reality (combination of augmented and virtual reality) to speed up design and construction, and reduce costs by identifying the problem areas.
Arya takes her friends advice and heads north and although Gendry hasn't shown up yet, Nymiria did. She responses to that prospect with, "That's not me". In George R.R. Martin's novels, Arya and Nymeria have an unexplored warg-like connection, similar to how Bran was connected to Summer. "And once the wolf walks away, at first she's heartbroken to have come this close, then she realizes that the wolf did exactly what she would do if she were that wolf". Arya invited Nymeria to come home with her, but Nymeria turned around, staying with her wolf pack. "So much of this season is swinging back to season 1", he said. She, Sansa, Bran, and Jon Snow have all had vastly different life experiences since they were all kids together at Winterfell.
After a moment of dejection, Arya cracks a smile at her former pet. By saying "That's not you" to her, she shows to have understood that she can't ask the fearless, wild animal Nymeria became to follow her like a common house dog. In the end, they're both lone wolves. Will we meet Nymeria again? As EW points out, the show doesn't show the direwolves very often in part because they're hard to convincingly render - we know what wolves look like, unlike dragons, so the team has to expend more resources to get them to look realistic. It could be the wake up call that a happy reunion with her family is "not you" for Arya as well, and like her direwolf her path isn't being domesticated.
The seventh season of Game of Thrones airs Sundays at 9 p.m.
- Daimler, Bosch, demonstrate automated parking in multi-storey building
- Analysts Opinions on: American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. (AXL)
- Excellent bilan pour le Tour de France sur France Télévisions — Audiences
- The Amazon.com's (NASDAQ:AMZN) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at UBS AG
- Republican Mo Brooks Uses Scalise Shooting in Campaign Ad
- 2 dead, 6 injured after vehicle crashes into building in Alcester
- Victory for 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' at box office
- 'Dunkirk' Helps Rescue Disappointing Summer Film Season
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai joins Alphabet's board
- Canadian PM Trudeau attends BAPS mandir's 10th anniversary celebrations