The bag, which still contains particles of moon dust, was used to collect samples of lunar rocks by Neil Armstrong in 1969. And its history as being a part of the mission to land a man on the moon wasn't known until recently.
Nancy Carlson bid on the lot in 2015 for $995 after a small auction house re-listed the bag several times without any bids.
Mourinho retient De Gea — Manchester United
Il est clair que les deux se sentent bien à Madrid, ils sont dans une situation très confortable. Formé à l'Atlético de Madrid, De Gea (26 ans) a rejoint Manchester United en 2011.
There was a legal battle over the bag's ownership, with NASA arguing it belonged "to the American people", but a federal judge ruled Carlson was the rightful owner since he could not reverse the sale. Overall, auction house Sotheby's first Space Exploration sale totalled United States $3.8 million with 87.3 per cent of items sold.
Cassandra Hatton, Vice President and Senior Specialist of Sotheby's Books and Manuscripts Department in NY said "Reflecting the enduring and universal fascination with space, the USA $1.8 million achieved for the Apollo 11 lunar sample bag and strong prices for objects related to other missions were driven by over 500 participants from dozens of countries with many buyers new to Sotheby's".
- Braves ride Garcia's arm, bat to rout of Dodgers
- McCain at home after brain cancer diagnosis
- Hong Kong lowers alert as Typhoon Roke weakens
- Justin Thomas roasts Johnny Miller over Branden Grace's 62
- Open Championship: Can anyone catch Jordan Spieth?
- Forte baisse du déficit commercial au premier semestre — Algérie
- Johnson shoots 64 but misses out on record-equalling golf round
- Spieth's British Open lead evaporates on front nine
- Spieth sets off in search of third major title
- Six killed in latest spate of violence in Al-Quds, West Bank