The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff closed the Aspen Security Forum Saturday night stressing that the US must work on military options to derail North Korea's missiles program even though conflict would result in a "horrific" loss of life. "The United States military can defend against a limited North Korea attack on Seoul, Japan, and the United States".
While Dunford conceded that a United States attack on North Korea would lead to a "horrific" war, with a death toll unlike anything seen since World War 2, he insisted that the U.S. had to develop a "military option" for the war because otherwise North Korea might nuke Denver, Colorado. At the same time, virtually everyone agrees North Korea lacks the capability to hit the United States mainland, let alone do so with a nuclear weapon.
Earlier this month, the country's 33-year-old leader, Kim Jong-Un, oversaw the country's first successful test-launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile that could potentially reach Alaska. "Anyone who has been alive since World War II has never seen the loss of life that could occur if there is a conflict on the Korean peninsula".
Kushner denies seeking secret back channel to Russian Federation
Franken, appearing on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday, said he believes Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Kushner is supposed to give his statement in a closed-door meeting with the Senate Intelligence Committee on Monday.
America must be prepared for a possible armed conflict with North Korea.
"What is unimaginable to me is allowing a nuclear weapon to land in Denver, Colorado", he told the audience at Aspen.
Dunford called for continued diplomatic and economic pressure on North Korea, saying it remains the best option to force the regime in Pyongyang to curb its nuclear program and eventually denuclearize. "My job will be to develop military options to make sure that doesn't happen".
- Tour de France: Groenewegen bat le "Gorille" Greipel
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Researchers Find Hints to a 'Ghost' Species of Ancient Human in Africa
- Nearly Three Years After Release, Dying Light is Still Going Strong
- West Bengal: Incessant rains flood lowlands
- Dance your heart out with 'Sweety Tera Drama' from Bareilly Ki Barfi
- Overcooked Special Edition Coming to Switch July 27th
- Jerry Jones: 'I had a wonderful time before this social media hit'
- How to watch 'The Bachelorette' season 13, episode 9 online
- Yandex NV (YNDX) Analysts See $0.23 EPS