The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff closed the Aspen Security Forum Saturday night stressing that the US must work on military options to derail North Korea's missiles program even though conflict would result in a "horrific" loss of life. "The United States military can defend against a limited North Korea attack on Seoul, Japan, and the United States".
While Dunford conceded that a United States attack on North Korea would lead to a "horrific" war, with a death toll unlike anything seen since World War 2, he insisted that the U.S. had to develop a "military option" for the war because otherwise North Korea might nuke Denver, Colorado. At the same time, virtually everyone agrees North Korea lacks the capability to hit the United States mainland, let alone do so with a nuclear weapon.
Earlier this month, the country's 33-year-old leader, Kim Jong-Un, oversaw the country's first successful test-launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile that could potentially reach Alaska. "Anyone who has been alive since World War II has never seen the loss of life that could occur if there is a conflict on the Korean peninsula".
Jerry Jones: 'I had a wonderful time before this social media hit'
The accuser, however, spoke out for the first time Friday with an Instagram post , advocating against domestic violence. The woman accused Elliott of domestic violence on five separate occasions from July 17 to July 22, 2016.
America must be prepared for a possible armed conflict with North Korea.
"What is unimaginable to me is allowing a nuclear weapon to land in Denver, Colorado", he told the audience at Aspen.
Dunford called for continued diplomatic and economic pressure on North Korea, saying it remains the best option to force the regime in Pyongyang to curb its nuclear program and eventually denuclearize. "My job will be to develop military options to make sure that doesn't happen".
- Brown calls two-hour conversation with Bell 'top secret'
- Overcooked Special Edition Coming to Switch July 27th
- How to watch 'The Bachelorette' season 13, episode 9 online
- StoneMor Partners LP (NYSE:STON) Receives An Update From Brokers
- Tour de France - Étape 21 : Groenewegen au sprint, Froome triomphe !
- Townsquare Media (NYSE:TSQ) Receiving Somewhat Negative Media Coverage, Report Shows
- Blue Apron Holdings (APRN) Is Now Covered By Goldman Sachs
- Tour de France: Groenewegen bat le "Gorille" Greipel
- Chicago Lawn Shooting Kills One Man, Wounds 59-Year-Old
- Pedro: Chelsea winger 'OK' after collision with Arsenal's David Ospina