De Gea is just the latest of a series of frustrating deals between Madrid and United this summer.
'I can guarantee that he's not going this season, ' said the Manchester United manager.
"I thank him for that fantastic work to bring us two very important players for us, but we need a bit more".
"Names is hard for me, the players belong to clubs and are in preseason", he said. 'We don't want to lose them, we want to keep them, and David is in the top three.
"We feel he has all the attributes needed to succeed at City and we look forward to helping him develop during his time here".
"I see him really happy and focused and working better than ever so for me 100 per cent he stays with us".
Antonio Conte confident Pedro will travel to Singapore with Chelsea
Blues boss Antonio Conte was hopeful Pedro would continue on to Singapore with his team-mates when quizzed yesterday. Pedro had to be substituted for Jeremie Boga in the 29th minute after colliding with Arsenal keeper David Ospina .
Manchester United have defeated Real Madrid on penalties in front of 65,109 fans in Santa Clara on Sunday.
The Red Devils booked their place in the Champions League next season thanks to a 2-0 win against Ajax in the Europa League final. No, because you have contacts, you have feelings, you understand things. It was clear that Bale likes Madrid, likes the situation and is in a club with a very good situation now.
But Mourinho has confirmed that Real's ex-Tottenham winger Gareth Bale was never a realistic target.
The International Champions Cup brings a host of top clubs from all around the globe, with fans relishing the opportunity to see some of the best players in the world playing against each other in countries like United States of America and China, which otherwise are devoid of such action.
"But with the development of the market, I was getting the feedback from Mr Woodward and I repeat, the market is very hard". As soon as I heard about the interest from his side, I knew I wanted to be a player "city", - quotes the words of Danilo the official site Manchester city.
Manchester United will give the Champions League winners a run for their money, but ultimately they are unlikely to stop them.
- Grace sets major championship record with 62
- Jordan Spieth Becomes Youngest American To Win The Open Championship
- Froome tout près de la victoire — Tour de France
- Lipstick Under My Burkha Shows Tremendous Growth On 1st Saturday At The Box Office
- Sister Francis Evans, longtime Texas Rangers fan, dies at 90
- Texas ex Jordan Spieth conquers The Open
- Kyle Busch's "boss" kept him from racing in this year's Indianapolis 500
- Royal Bank Of Scotland Group Plc (NYSE:RBS) Valuation According To Analysts
- Man City complete Danilo signing from Real Madrid on five-year deal
- Vikings Rookies Report Early To Training Camp