Chicago Cubs pitcher Jon Lester had one of his best outings of the season on Saturday, and he did so with a heavy heart after his uncle passed away Friday.
But the Cubs rallied with hits off Matt Bowman and Brett Cecil for a 3-2 win on Saturday afternoon at Wrigley Field.
Ben Zobrist's RBI double with two outs made it 2-1 and chased Wainwright.
After Paul DeJong and Randal Grichuk homered off Lester in the eighth to put St. Louis up 2-0, the Cubs strung a couple of hits against Wainwright.
German Minister Addresses Turks as EU Reacts to Diplomatic Spat
Gokay Sofuoglu, chairman of the Turkish Community in Germany, welcomed Gabriel's conciliatory words. "The reaction of Germany is understandable", Hahn told German daily Die Welt.
Bowman pitched to Kris Bryant, who singled in Zobrist to tie the game.
SAN FRANCISCO - Nick Hundley drove in Kelby Tomlinson with a single to the base of the fence in left field with two outs in the 12th inning, giving San Francisco a victory over San Diego. The Cubs were held scoreless until the eighth inning, when they broke out for all three of their runs. But, today, he'll hit leadoff as Bryant returns to the lineup behind him.
The Rangers took a 4-3 lead during the decisive sixth when two runs scored after center fielder Mallex Smith misplayed Adrian Beltre's two-out deep fly ball, and Beltre scored on two wild pitches by Chris Archer with Mike Napoli at the plate.
- Danny Salazar off DL, will start for Cleveland Indians Saturday night
- McCain's daughter says she, father went on hike
- La cote de popularité de Macron en baisse de 10 points — Sondage
- Deux alpinistes japonais trouvent la mort dans une montagne — Suisse
- Revelan tráiler de la Liga de la Justicia
- Rep. Hoyer says impasse over Russian Federation sanctions bill resolved
- Junge Deutsche unter im Irak festgenommenen IS-Anhängerinnen
- Liberty Global plc - Class B Or (NASDAQ:LBTYB) Trading Volume Significantly Higher
- France, Suède, Egypte demandent une réunion d'urgence à l'ONU — Jérusalem
- Law Enforcement Takes Down Dark Web Marketplaces