"They were admitted without properly looking into our statutes and they are crystal clear", CAF president Ahmad told the assembly. The committee will be chaired by Ahmad Ahmad, president of the CAF.
Madagascar's Ahmad Ahmad scored a shock CAF presidential triumph over long-serving Cameroonian Issa Hayatou in March and vowed to thoroughly review African football.
It also agreed to reduce the number of standing committees from 20 to 11 but passed a proposal that effectively increases the size of the CAF executive committee from 16 to 23.
CAF can not have two member associations from the same country, Ahmad said, despite Zanzibar fielding its own team in regional competitions.
Some evacuees in 100 Mile House area get to go home
Officials say several hundred properties near Princeton in the south Okanagan and a rural area in the Cariboo region north of Williams Lake are safe to return to.
Now, officials of CAF can not stand for elected office once they reach the age of 70.
Federation Internationale de Football Association had refused to admit Zanzibar to its ranks following the CAF's acceptance of its application at a congress held in Addis Ababa in March, where Ahmad won a surprise election to take over as the leader of African soccer.
Previously, ethics checks were conducted only on executives seeking places on the FIFA Council, but now all of CAF's top officials will be scrutinized. "What happens in the year 2021 fior example when the Confederations Cup is expected to hold just before the 2022 World Cup", Babalade who was in Nigeria's squad to the 1992 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal asked rhetorically.
The head of Cameroon's FA says his country will be ready to host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in spite of the sweeping changes made to the event during the week. That timing change will avoid a clash with the height of the European league season.
- Sessions, Russian ambassador spoke of campaign
- Nissan Gifts Datsun redi-Go Sport To Cricketer Harmanpreet Kaur
- Astros Colin Moran fouls pitch off face, exits game
- Bayer AG (FRA:BAYN) Given a €130.00 Price Target by Citigroup Inc
- Sandstorm Gold Ltd (SSL) Director Purchases 20000 Shares of Stock
- Open Championship wrap after third round
- Deutsche Post AG (DPSGY) Receives $41.00 Consensus Target Price from Analysts
- Syrian Army Declares Ceasefire in Eastern Ghouta
- Grassley calls on 'leaker' to release Sessions-Russia conversation
- The Open: Ian Poulter angered by 'disappointing' third round at Royal Birkdale