Trump in a statement said: "Anthony is a person I have great respect for, and he will be an important addition to this administration".
Mr Spicer is reportedly stepping down because he is unhappy with President Donald Trump's appointment of a new communications director.
But in an exclusive interview with Fox News he painted a more amicable picture, telling host Sean Hannity that the President had been "very gracious throughout this process".
Wall Street financier Anthony Scaramucci has been picked for the role that Mr Spicer had partially filled. Ivanka Trump, the president's daughter, and her husband, powerful senior aide Jared Kushner, had known Scaramucci for years from NY and pushed for his hire.
"Without me in the way, they have a fresh start, so that I'm not lurking over them". He tweeted that it had been an "honor" and "privilege" to serve Trump and that he would remain in his post through August.
"I was increasingly disappointed in how so many members of the members here in the media do their job, or rather, don't do their job".
Trump himself has at times labelled global warming a hoax.
The personnel changes come six months after Trump took office and at a time when his agenda is stalled and a special counsel is widening the investigation into possible ties between Trump campaign officials and Russian Federation.
Spicer said during a brief phone conversation with The Associated Press that he felt it would be best for Scaramucci to build his own operation "and chart a new way forward".
3x2 places à offrir — Concours Valerian
Partager et commenter le message qui annonce le concours en taggant le nom de votre invité (genre vous et votre copine). Valérian et Laureline forment une équipe d'agents spatio-temporels.
In the last month Sarah Huckabee Sanders had nearly entirely taken on the role of addressing the press, carrying out daily off-camera briefings while Mr Spicer took a more behind the scenes role.
"I love the president and it's an honour to be here", Mr Scaramucci said, adding: "He is genuinely a wonderful human being".
"Sean is a true American patriot, he's a military serviceman, he's got a great family and he's done an awesome job".
Who was that guy who called Donald Trump a "hack politician"?
Scaramucci last month joined the US Export-Import Bank, a government agency that distributes export credits.
Bigger tremors to come?
That's often the case in the communications business, where service in the high-pressure crucible of the White House is prized.
Yet he angrily lashed out at U.S. media, claiming they were "obsessed" with Russian Federation after USA intelligence agencies said that Moscow was involved in meddling with the United States presidential election Trump won.
- Creative Planning Decreases Position in CGI Group, Inc. (GIB)
- Zacks Investment Research Downgrades Banco Santander Brasil SA (NYSE:BSBR) to Hold
- Nordic American Tankers Limited (NYSE:NAT) Experiences Heavy Trading Volume
- Puissant tremblement de terre en Grèce: 2 morts et 120 blessés
- BJP prez to take feedback of religious leaders, meet cabinet
- JP Morgan Downgrades Rating On Continental Resources, Inc. (CLR) To "Hold"
- Tour: Boasson ganó la etapa más larga
- Shark Week Gets Competitive With 'Phelps vs. Shark'
- Armada Hoffler Properties, Inc. (NYSE:AHH) Cut to "Hold" at Stifel Nicolaus
- Livforsakringsbolaget Skandia Omsesidigt Has $158000 Stake in Smith (AO) Corporation (AOS)