But he now feels no pain and believes he is closing in on being at his sharpest again following an impressive showing in the Premier League Asia Trophy win over Crystal Palace on Wednesday.
The Liverpool captain has since returned to action this preseason and revealed in an interview after an open training session at the Mong Kok Stadium that he does not have to manage his foot in order to train and play in the Reds' warm-up fixtures. "I've trained every day since I've been back totally fine".
"I'm really enjoying just being back". I couldn't be happier to just be training here, working really hard and, obviously, just playing games.
"Hopefully I can just be injury-free and keep doing what I keep doing".
Un Palestinien tué par balles à Jérusalem-Est
Israël doit respecter le statu quo à Jérusalem-Est et s'abstenir de toute tentative visant à porter atteinte au statu quo dans la ville, a ajouté M.
"Of course, it gives me extra confidence. I feel stronger every training session, every game, so hopefully I can keep progressing, keep working hard and then come first game of the season, hopefully I'm right back to full fitness", he said.
Shakespeare's side overcame West Brom in their opening game to book a place in the final and despite the players still brushing off the cobwebs, their manager expects a competitive game. "I know I can improve on a lot more things".
"It will stand us in good stead for the upcoming games". I would have it no different and I am sure the players will have it no different'. I feel good. Probably the best I felt was in the game the other night.
Saturday's game promises to be another ideal opportunity for Klopp to experiment with his squad and for the likes of summer signings Mohamed Salah and Dominic Solanke to get more valuable game time alongside their new teammates.
- Invasion Of The Body Snatchers: another remake coming
- Arsene Wenger backs Wojciech Szczesny to replace Gianluigi Buffon at Juventus
- First class faces chop on suburban lines
- Oil States International's (NYSE:OIS) Hold Rating Reiterated at BMO Capital Markets
- Akshay Kumar urges fans to fight against piracy as 'Toilet
- Synchrony Financial (NYSE:SYF) Given Daily News Impact Rating of 0.25
- Reviewing Hot stock of Yesterday-: Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (ANF)
- Clearbridge Investments LLC Sells 69035 Shares of Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS)
- Ajee' Wilson shatters American women's 800-meter record
- Geode Capital Management LLC Buys 55928 Shares of First Financial Bancorp. (FFBC)