On Friday, a large quantity of narcotic drugs was recovered in Salamabad, Uri from a Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir borne truck, engaged with the cross-LoC trade.
He said acting on specific information about the transportation of narcotic drugs from POK to this side by means of cross LOC trade, a police team intercepted a truck at Trade Centre Salamabad, Uri.
"The drugs were hidden in fake cavities specifically fabricated for this goal in boxes purportedly to contain mercantile goods", he said. Sources said the checking of the truck, bearing registration number X-8267, is still underway and it is presumed that it might be carrying more packets of contraband. Truck driver namely Syed Yousuf S/O Ali Akbar R/O Muzaffarabad PaK has been taken into custody and is being questioned.
Piller maintains lead at Marathon Classic
Three players shared fourth on six-under 65: India's Aditi Ashok, South Korean Kim In-Kyung and American Kelly Shon. Lydia Ko, winless since her victory previous year at Highland Meadows, had a 73. "But there's always tomorrow.
This was the third attempt to smuggle in narcotic drugs from PoK into Kashmir under the garb of cross-LoC trade was foiled in the last about 4 years.
"So far, around 40 kilograms of narcotics have been recovered from a truck coming from PoK for the cross-LoC trade at Salamabad", Senior Superintendent of Police, Baramulla, Imtiyaz Hussain earlier told PTI. Prohibited items, including rounds of ammunition and Pakistani SIM cards have been recovered from some vehicles and passengers.
- 3x2 places à offrir — Concours Valerian
- JP Morgan Downgrades Rating On Continental Resources, Inc. (CLR) To "Hold"
- NASCAR considering further limits to Cup drivers in XFINITY Seriess
- Lam Research Corporation (LRCX) Position Lowered by Tudor Investment Corp ET AL
- Tour: Boasson ganó la etapa más larga
- Liverpool defender Joe Gomez happy with tough preseason
- Le gouvernement envisagerait de baisser les APL dès la rentrée prochaine
- Shark Week Gets Competitive With 'Phelps vs. Shark'
- 'Vincent MLA cheated me cleverly', says woman in her leaked phone conversation
- Senior journalist Ashok Malik appointed press secretary to President of India