The team of Afghan girls whose efforts to reach the United States for an worldwide robotics competition captivated people around the world, left the event with a silver medal for "courageous achievement," with judges applauding the group's "can-do attitude".
They took part in the first-ever FIRST Global Challenge which featured teams from all over the world.
They took home a silver medal for courageous achievement, which was awarded to teams "that exhibit a can-do attitude throughout the challenge, even under hard circumstances, or when things do not go as planned".
Outlander Season 3: New Photos Prove Misery Never Looked So Good
As the years pass, Jamie and Claire attempt to make a life apart from one another, each haunted by the memory of their lost love. Cast members Sophie Skelton , who plays Jamie and Claire's daughter Brianna and Richard Rankin were onstage too.
Europe won the overall competition by securing the most cumulative points throughout the competition while the second and third place was secured by Poland and Armenia.
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani congratulated the Afghan girls' robotics team on a big win during an global robotics contest held in the United States earlier this week, said the presidential palace on Saturday.
The reason for their visa denial has not been disclosed but the critics of US President Donald Trump point the travel ban as the main reason.
- Why Ambode is 'Governor-General of Nigeria' - Aregbesola
- Volvo Teases Upcoming XC40's Style And Individuality
- Clearbridge Investments LLC Sells 69035 Shares of Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS)
- Japan protests South Korean plan to set up 'comfort women' memorial day
- Asus ROG's latest motherboard for Ryzen is loaded with fan headers
- Bruno Was Always Joining Gers
- Alexandre Lacazette will need time to settle at Arsenal - Robert Pires
- Venezuela: Opposition appoints parallel Supreme Court
- Jeff Sessions reportedly discussed campaign issues with Russian ambassador
- Bertens, Kontaveit into Gstaad Semis