Rosenstein also declined to comment on whether he had reexamined the investigation while deliberating whether to fire Comey, nor would he say whether any Justice Department resources were devoted to the question of re-opening the investigation.
"We have a responsibility to the people who we are investigating, we have a responsibility to the people conducting those investigations to keep our investigations confidential", Rosenstein continued. "It's what we were taught, all of us as prosecutors and agents". When he was named special counsel, "I said, 'What the hell is this all about?'" Trump said.
Viper Energy Partners LP (NASDAQ:VNOM) Shares Bought by Morgan Stanley
Viper Energy Partners LP (VNOM ) belonging to the Energy sector has declined -6.17% and closed its last trading session at $15.2. Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc. boosted its position in Viper Energy Partners by 6.5% in the first quarter.
According to the Times, Trump said it seemed that Comey viewed the information as something he could hold over Trump's head. I didn't think about any of it. "In my opinion, he shared it so that I would think he had it out there", Mr. Trump said. Paragraph 4 of the agreement requires Federal Bureau of Investigation employees, prior to disclosing or publishing information acquired during their employment, to submit the information to Federal Bureau of Investigation authorities for review to determine whether it is authorized for public release.
That specific memo recounted a conversation with Trump in which the president asked Comey if the FBI could drop its investigation into hia former national security adviser Michael Flynn.
"Among those reasons were: (1) we knew the media was about to publicly report the material and we believed the IC should not keep knowledge of the material and its imminent release from the President-Elect; and (2) to the extent there was some effort to compromise an incoming President, we could blunt any such effort with a defensive briefing". Sadly, it makes him no better than the Clinton camp who willingly disseminated classified information, even though Comey advised they never intended any harm in doing so.
- Liverpool weighing up move for 29-year-old Germany striker
- AEterna Zentaris Inc. (AEZS) Given a $3.00 Price Target at HC Wainwright
- Jackie and Juliet Evancho land TLC special discussing transgender issues with family
- Ranbir Kapoor hosts special screening of Jagga Jasoos
- Verizon 'Donated' The Most Customers In Q2 2017
- Anthony Martial: Wolfsburg make contact with Manchester United about loan deal
- Louis Tomlinson Held One Direction Together at Times, Niall Horan Says
- Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (SWK) Position Maintained by Searle & CO
- Aliso Canyon natural gas storage facility can reopen, state says
- Manchester City Star's Agent Remains Coy On Roma Interest