A smoky fire inside a remote area of Wharton State Forest charred more than 1,000 acres on Thursday and early Friday.
A forest fire that started Thursday in Burlington County, New Jersey, continued to burn on Friday.
"Approximately 50 Forest Fire Service personnel are on scene with ten Type 6 attack trucks, two bulldozers and a water tender", said Bob Considine, spokesman for the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. They established a 3,500 acre containment zone and planned to work through the night.
Here's everyone on Arya Stark's kill list, and why
Weiss' follow-up project to Game of Thrones , and while it has nothing to do with dragons it does sound quite intriguing. Maybe Nikolaj Coster-Waldau will be considered for The Last of Us film adaptation if it ever gets off the ground.
Batsto Village, the visitor center, and all trails including the Batona Trail are closed. Campgrounds closed include Mullica River Camp, Lower Forge Camp, Hawkins Bridge Camp and Godfrey Bridge Camp.
Ocean County Sheriff Mike Mastronardy issued an alert that smoke could be smelled in parts of the county, including Long Beach Island. "The incident commander is pleased with the progress made the last 12 hours and is confident in the plan's success". The smoke could be seen for miles and added to the already poor air quality on the hot day.
Winds will shift more southwest or southerly later Friday, which should push the smoke back to the north.
- Jack Wilshere wanted at Swansea by Paul Clement
- Budget chief: 'MAGAnomics' the way to get United States economy back on track
- Boy with Autism taken when vehicle stolen
- The Regent Investment Management LLC Lowers Stake in Illumina, Inc. (ILMN)
- Stormzy makes surprise appearance on Love Island
- After two second-place finishes, Boasson Hagen wins Tour stage
- " "Nord/LB Reiterates "€104.00" Price Target for SAP SE (SAP)
- Juventus testing Liverpool FC with Emre Can bid
- AlphaBay et Hansa ont été fermés par les autorités
- No trace of Corrie McKeague in landfill site search