Trump told the New York Times that he is unhappy with Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, telling the newspaper he was "irritated" to learn he was from Baltimore. The F.B.I. has not corroborated the most sensational assertions in the dossier. When he was named special counsel, "I said, 'What the hell is this all about?'" Trump said. The Times asked Trump if Mueller's probe would cross a "red line" if it expands to look at his family's finances beyond Russian Federation, and Trump responded, "I would say yes".
"In my opinion, he shared it so that I would think he had it out there", Trump said. "Look, this is about Russian Federation".
When asked by MacCallum if he would ever consider re-opening the investigation, Rosenstein answered "every decision we make ... about whether to investigate, whether to prosecute, is based upon the facts in the law [and] an independent determination with the insight and investigative work of our career agents and prosecutors". "I'm not under investigation". Some of them worked for Hillary Clinton. Clearly Mr. Trump, given what he saw the Director do with Mrs. Clinton's emails weeks before the election, a letter which helped him, would have been more concerned about the wild card of Comey running an independent investigation of the election and his campaign's connections with Russian Federation, without Sessions to run interference, or shut down the investigation altogether.
First President Trump Took on Lumber. Now He's Targeting Steel Imports
With a tariff imposed, the price of steel will rise, making the prices of products that use steel rise as well. He added that potential USA tariffs on steel could be found illegal by the World Trade Organization.
Trump recalled that, after the meeting, Comey pulled him aside and informed him of the dossier. When asked by the Times if he thought it was leverage, Trump responded, "Yeah, I think so".
Trump told The New York Times that Comey was among the U.S. intelligence officials who briefed him on Russia's meddling in the presidential election, weeks before his inauguration. "There are very few Republicans in Baltimore, if any", he said.
- Earnings On Deck For Fifth Third Bancorp
- Police arrest man after pizza shop standoff
- " "Royal de Luxe revient avec ses " Miniatures " — Nantes
- UBS AG Lowers Physicians Realty Trust (DOC) to Outperform
- FEC okays new policies on labour, fuel import, social protection
- Un homme mortellement poignardé dans le tramway — Nantes
- All Black Fekitoa signs with Toulon
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY) Stake Raised by Princeton Alpha Management LP
- Kushner Companies Still Using White House Connection to Stir Chinese Interest
- 'Shocked and Hurt' Franklin Graham Rips Canada Payout to Terrorist