State officials and lawmakers are working on an incentive package to lure giant Taiwanese iPhone manufacturer Foxconn to Wisconsin. Alberta Darling, R-River Hills, asking that the committee resume its work writing the 2017-19 state budget as early as next week in light of Walker's offer.
"Foxconn is part of the long-term conversations about the budget", Nygren said.
Sen. Luther Olsen, R-Ripon, and Nygren said the state could announce it has entered into a memorandum of understanding with Foxconn by the end of the month, according to the Associated Press, which first reported on the incentive package. Foxconn officials also are looking at building in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.
Republican state Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald's office said he is reviewing the latest offer created to end a three-week state budget impasse.
Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
C’est également le cas de l’attaquant de Liverpool Christian Benteke. C’est ce que vous découvrirez dans cet article.
"There's no deal yet, that's for sure", Fitzgerald said.
Republican Assembly leaders on Thursday told Gov. Scott Walker they had accepted his offer to use $200 million originally meant to cut income taxes to instead help pay for roads.
The Assembly's acceptance could be a breakthrough in the budget stalemate, which has caused a new state spending plan to be delayed by 20 days, but there was no word from Senate Republicans on whether they would agree to Walker's proposal. "I think we can eliminate, or at least come close to eliminating all the transportation bonding, still keep the transportation budget on track, and do that without a gas tax or vehicle registration fee increase", Walker said. The Senate has proposed $721 million borrowing; the Assembly opposes more borrowing.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has reported in recent weeks that company officials have held a number of meetings in the state, looking at potential sites in southeastern and central Wisconsin including Dane County.
- SuperValu Inc. (NYSE:SVU) Shares Bought by Assenagon Asset Management SA
- Nuveen Asset Management LLC Sells 17954 Shares of IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ:IAC)
- Getting A Vasectomy Could Shave Time Off A Prison Sentence
- Trump Reinvents History by Saying FBI Director Should Report Directly to President
- Sell-Side Analyst's Predictions: Monster Beverage Corporation (MNST), Eros International Plc (EROS)
- Ali Krieger returns to USA women's soccer roster for Tournament of Nations
- National Cinemedia Inc (NASDAQ:NCMI) 2016 Q4 Sentiment Change
- Barcelona says Neymar will not be sold — AP Interview
- The Merck & Company, Inc. (NYSE:MRK) Shares Sold by First Merchants Corp
- Rational Advisors LLC Invests $323000 in Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW)