Defender Ali Krieger, who is nearing her 100th global appearance, has been named to the USA women's national team roster for the upcoming Tournament of Nations. Huerta, who played for Mexico at the 2012 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup and has five caps for the senior team, so she is not now eligible to play for the United States, However, U.S. Soccer is pursuing a change of association with FIFA on her behalf which, if approved, would make her eligible to play for the US in the future. The Americans will then face Brazil on July 30 in San Diego and will conclude the tournament against Japan on August 3 in Carson, Calif. The U.S. roster for the tournament features many of its top players, including Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan. Midfielder Margaret Purce, a rookie with the Boston Breakers, got her first national team call-up.
Chicago Red Stars forward Sofia Huerta will train with the United States during the tournament although she is not yet eligible to play for the team.
National Cinemedia Inc (NASDAQ:NCMI) 2016 Q4 Sentiment Change
State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D raised its stake in National CineMedia by 189.7% in the first quarter. The company's stock has a normal trading capacity of 749.11K shares while the relative volume is 1.63.
Centennial High graduate Sofia Huerta has long dreamed of playing for the US women's soccer team.
Midfielders Tobin Heath and Rose Lavelle, as well as goalkeeper Ashlyn Harris, were not available because of injuries.
- Don Holt expected to re-open Thursday morning, no injuries reported
- Bronfman EL Rothschild LP Decreases Position in Automatic Data Processing (NYSE:ADP)
- Smart & Final Stores, Inc. (NYSE:SFS) Experiences Heavier than Average Trading Volume
- Crystal Palace maintain interest in Arsenal defender Calum Chambers?
- Hannah Cockroft races to hat-trick of golds at World Para Championships
- Graeme Souness sends message to Jurgen Klopp about Liverpool transfers
- Celtics To Sign Ex-Euroleague Guard Shane Larkin
- PM Modi didn't take up H1B curbs with Trump: Congress
- Rational Advisors LLC Invests $323000 in Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW)
- Man shouts 'acid' as he sprays drinker at Solihull pub