Israel police spokeswoman Luba Samri said Palestinians hurled stones and glass bottles at officers after the prayers outside the site, referred to by Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary and by Jews as the Temple Mount.
Rather, they called on Netanyahu to remove the metal detectors, calling them "collective punishment" and a violation of religious freedom. "The metal detectors must be removed immediately", said MKs Ahmed Tibi and Osama Sa'adi (Joint List) in a statement.
"I'm reading in the worldwide press about heavy pressure leveled at Prime Minister Netanyahu to give up our security needs on Temple Mount and cancel the metal detectors placed at the entrance, just as there are metal detectors at the Kotel and in Mecca", said Education Minister Naftali Bennett.
Today (Friday), Friday prayers at the Temple Mount will take place for the first time since the deadly terror attack in which two Israeli Border Policemen were murdered. During the night, checkpoints have been set up on the main roads to the city and buses coming from Arab town won't be able to continue.
United Kingdom traffic controllers face their 'busiest summer ever'
Earlier this year, the government consulted on plans to update airspace change policy and is now reviewing the feedback. The daily aviation record comes at the start of what is set to be a record summer season for flights.
Police announced Friday that Muslim men under the age of 50 would be banned from the shrine and that it was sending reinforcements to Jerusalem.
Israeli police said they were barring men under 50 from entering Jerusalem's Old City for Friday Muslim prayers as tensions rose over new security measures at a supersensitive holy site. "Israel is committed to maintaining the security of all worshipers and visitors to the Temple Mount".
The security establishment is preparing for clashes and protests against the security measures.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his security chiefs were to discuss the situation late yesterday after he returned from visits to France and Hungary.
- My battle for ideology will continue: Meira Kumar
- Une première bande-annonce intense pour le retour de SAW — JIGSAW
- SC agrees to hear Babri case early
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Vérifiez la date de péremption — Grillades d'agneau Delhaize
- Bella Thorne Says Purported Masturbation 'Sex Tape' Is Fake
- Un niveau inédit en DLC pour Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Les anciens salariés d' Ardennes Forge au bout du rouleau
- Great start for Ian Poulter at the Open
- Mice caught on camera inside Chipotle