Casualties are feared in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir after heavy rains and cloudburst in the region last night, reports said on Thursday. "A joint rescue operation involving local administration, police, SDRF and army was launched immediately", Doda deputy commissioner Bupinder Singh told HT.
"Around 2.30 am, water from the cloudburst hit Thatri". Several houses and shops have been washed away, leaving many people trapped in the floods.
Three bodies were recovered first from the debris of the collapsed houses in the town.
Wizz Air names three new senior management staff
The shares were sold at an average price of GBX 2,320 ($30.30), for a total transaction of £57,884,997.60 ($75,587,617.65). In related news, insider Diederik Pen sold 25,000 shares of the company's stock in a transaction on Friday, May 26th.
"Six houses, two shops and one National Academy High School at Thathri was also partially damaged in the flash floods triggered due to cloudburst", they added. Two people have been rescued alive.
Dy SP (headquarters) Doda, Iftkhar Ahmed, said the water level and silt suddenly rose in the drain after the cloudburst, washing away several structures along its path leading to the main market. Six persons, including a 12-year-old boy, were rescued from under the debris. The power supplied to the area remains suspended, reports received here said.
Meanwhile, rescue operation have started in the area to locate the missing persons and help the people to move to safer places. In wake of the situation, the Batote-Doda-Kishtwar National Highway (NH1B) was closed.
- The PacWest Bancorp's (PACW) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at Stephens
- Leeds United confirm permanent transfer deal for 26-year-old
- Cabinet approves Central Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2017
- MV Agusta to launch 3 new motorcycles in 2017
- Northwest Natural Gas Company
- $100 million in renovations underway at Ford Field
- NRL Star Takes Terminally Ill Girl To Her School Formal
- Body believed to be missing Elyria woman found in Darke County
- Insider delivers latest news on Alexis Sanchez's Arsenal future
- Stock Buzz: MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM)