Police in New York City are on the hunt for an individual suspected to have stolen a 100-year-old tortoise from an environmental center in Queens.
Investigators believe the 90-pound tortoise was taken from his enclosure, which is attached to the outside of the main building, sometime shortly after the center closed around 4 p.m. on Sunday. "He's not an animal you can just come and pick up and walk him half a block". The African spurred tortoise, according to the environmental center, is the third-largest tortoise in the world and the largest mainland tortoise.
Alliancebernstein LP Sells 68 Shares of Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ:TECD)
Glen Harbor Capital Management LLC increased its position in shares of Tech Data Corporation by 1.8% in the first quarter. It operates through the segment of distributing technology products, logistics management and other value-added services.
Police were searching for surveillance video at the center on Northern Blvd. near the Cross Island Pkwy.
Alley Pond, a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the well-being of its parks, also focuses on educating the community on better ways to sustain the environment.
- "Danse avec les stars" s'offre Arielle Dombasle
- US Capital Advisors Reiterates "Hold" Rating for Rice Midstream Partners LP (RMP)
- The CLS Holdings plc (CLI) Earns Buy Rating from Peel Hunt
- Cowboys WR Lucky Whitehead's kidnapped dog has been returned
- Northern Trust commits to European Union hub
- Nolito in Japan to join Sevilla
- Israeli student admits to stealing Auschwitz items for art project
- Bound plane makes landing on Long Island highway
- House Republicans Quietly Killed A Bipartisan War Authorization Repeal Effort
- Senate vows to separate Financial Intelligence Unit, NFIU from EFCC