Hodkinson, who is an ambassador for Give Me 5 for Kids, which raises funds for children's hospital wards across Australia, shared a selfie taken on the way to the formal on his Instagram story.
Hannah, who's a massive Knights fan, suffers from terminal Ewing sarcoma - a cancer found in the bones or soft tissue.
Six months later she had finished her treatment and was in remission, until her family received the most tragic news this May.
Kurri Kurri principal Tracey Breese said the Year 10 formal had been brought forward so Hannah could attend.
"I was lucky enough that she said yes".
"The school moved the formal forward just for her and it was a great night, she did such a great job".
"She was so fearless".
"It's the type of person she is".
500 kilos d'écailles de tortues saisis à l'aéroport, un record — Roissy
En 2016, les douanes ont réalisé 493 constatations portant sur des spécimens protégés , en hausse de 16,5% par rapport à 2015. Ces carapaces appartenaient à des Eretmochelys imbricata , soit des tortues marines menacées d'extinction.
The Knights released footage of the incredible evening via their club website on Thursday with Hodkinson arriving to the Rye's family home in a suit and bunch of flowers to greet the young teenager.
Hodkinson first got to know Hannah in 2015 through a charity linked to the John Hunter Hospital, where she was being treated.
"She had a lot of photos with all her friends and everybody wanted to get some nice photos for her and it was a great night".
"I didn't expect it to blow up the way it has", he said.
"I don't do it for recognition, I do it because I genuinely care".
Since then, her family and community have done everything to make Hannah's time as enjoyable as possible.
He said he hoped his gesture would increase awareness of Ewing Sarcoma and the impact it had on families.
It's the side of rugby league too often pushed to the back of the news reels, too often overlooked for the more salacious, juicy or scandalous pieces about drug use and the deteriorating culture in the sport, or the latest salary cap probe or investigation. It was a very big deal for her and she's now resting, ' she said.
- Camden Property Trust (NYSE:CPT) Shares Bought by Credit Suisse AG
- Rolls-Royce Teases New Phantom Before 'The Great Eight Phantoms' Event
- Bernard Arnault : des plongeurs démineurs au service du milliardaire ?
- The PacWest Bancorp's (PACW) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at Stephens
- Leeds United confirm permanent transfer deal for 26-year-old
- Forest Whitaker Joins 'Empire' This Fall as 'Uncle Eddie'
- MV Agusta to launch 3 new motorcycles in 2017
- Iteris, Inc. (NASDAQ:ITI) Given Average Recommendation of "Buy" by Analysts
- Raiders LB Khalil Mack partners with Mack Trucks
- Woodside Quarterly Production Slips But Eyes Wheatstone Startup