The Seattle Mariners have since agreed to acquire right-hander David Phelps from the Miami Marlins, FanRag Sports has learned. Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto is trying to add depth to the pitching staff and saw Phelps as a weapon that the team could use down the stretch.
The Marlins had not yet confirmed the trade as of early Thursday afternoon.
Mariners acquired RHP David Phelps from the Marlins for OF Brayan Hernandez, RHP Brandon Miller, RHP Pablo Lopez, and RHP Lukas Schiraldi.
Hernandez hit.252 with two home runs and 15 RBI in 112 appearances in short season Single A ball for the Mariners, and is likely still a few years from the majors. The 19-year-old is now playing in the Low-A minor leagues.
Un homme tué de neuf coups de couteau — Palavas
Autopsie ordonnée: Après le meurtre, ce fourgon a été retrouvé garé au début du boulevard Sarrail, en venant de l'hôtel de ville. Un habitant de Palavas-les-Flots a été poignardé à mort sur le pas de sa porte, mercredi en fin d'après-midi.
This is the first season he has been a full-time reliever.
Phelps, 30, has pitched to a 3.45 ERA and 2.43 K/BB ratio in 47 innings this season.
However, they are only 1.5 games back in the Wild Card. The Mariners are expected to pick up the remainder of Phelps' one-year, $4.6 million deal he signed before the season. The Mariners may also be eying Marlins closer A.J.
- Derrick Rose, Cavaliers in 'serious talks' for 1-year deal, per report
- Police protection for ANC MP who joined Zuma bashing after death threats
- Police suspend investigation into Dallas Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott
- Google's gift to California: 20 million mosquitoes
- "Mon Tour de France est réussi" (Bardet) — Cyclisme
- Alliancebernstein LP Has $3.10 Million Stake in Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (DNKN)
- Bengaluru man plays guitar as doctors operate on his brain
- Trump's 2nd meeting with Putin stirs concern among his advisers
- US Senate panel approves nomination of Christopher Wray as new Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- Nintendo dépose la manette Nintendo 64 en Europe, bientôt une N64 Mini ?