Hellas Verona released the following statement on their website: 'Hellas Verona FC announces that it has acquired outright Marco Silvestri from Leeds United. The former Italy Under-21 worldwide was seen as United's first-choice keeper, but now faced entering into his final season as a Leeds player with a possible second year in a supporting role.
Marco Silvestri is no longer a Leeds United player.
Silvestri had dropped down the Leeds pecking order behind Rob Green and the new arrival of Felix Weidwald, who signed from Werder Bremen this summer, meant that he was unlikely to receive any first-team football at Elland Road.
The 26-year-old lost his spot as Leeds United's number one goalkeeper last year to former England worldwide Rob Green, who was a reliable performer for the Whites.
The former Italy under-21 global has now secured a return to his homeland.
Gold Cup: les Etats-Unis montrent leurs muscles
Le Canada devra tout d'abord vaincre la Jamaïque en quart de finale, jeudi, pour poursuivre sa route. Il a éliminé le Panama (1-0), grâce à un but d'Anibal Godoy contre son camp en seconde période (77e).
Silvestri played for the club's local rivals, Chievo Verona, prior to joining Leeds in the summer of 2014.
The former Italy U-21 global in my opinion will have a successful time at Hellas Verona, and I hope he can continue to make that club grow.
Wednesday saw a conflicting claim come from Italy that Silvestri was set to renew with Leeds United, but the weight of claims was always heavily balanced the other way, so it's no surprise to see Silvestri finally wearing the Hellas Verona shirt.
Indeed that proved true, with Silvestri moving away from an often fractious relationship with some Leeds United fans, heading for a club that ended their last Serie B campaign in second place. Let me know down in the comments!
- Qld minister stood down over email scandal
- Sports Direct profits drop by nearly 60% as pound sterling slump bites
- La chanteuse Barbara Weldens meurt en plein concert
- 500 kilos d'écailles de tortues saisis à l'aéroport, un record — Roissy
- Bernard Arnault : des plongeurs démineurs au service du milliardaire ?
- U.S. footballer given brutal nipple gripple during match, before being bitten
- Camden Property Trust (NYSE:CPT) Shares Bought by Credit Suisse AG
- APC members demand resignation of legal Adviser Banire
- Amazon's new Spark social feed wants to be 'Instagram for products'
- Southampton want Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts on loan