Hellas Verona released the following statement on their website: 'Hellas Verona FC announces that it has acquired outright Marco Silvestri from Leeds United. The former Italy Under-21 worldwide was seen as United's first-choice keeper, but now faced entering into his final season as a Leeds player with a possible second year in a supporting role.
Marco Silvestri is no longer a Leeds United player.
Silvestri had dropped down the Leeds pecking order behind Rob Green and the new arrival of Felix Weidwald, who signed from Werder Bremen this summer, meant that he was unlikely to receive any first-team football at Elland Road.
The 26-year-old lost his spot as Leeds United's number one goalkeeper last year to former England worldwide Rob Green, who was a reliable performer for the Whites.
The former Italy under-21 global has now secured a return to his homeland.
La ministre des Transports met le projet sur "pause" — Ligne Lyon-Turin
Estimé par la cour des comptes à 26 milliards d'euros, le coût du projet n'a, il est vrai, cessé de gonfler. Une pause donc, le temps de réexaminer toutes les facettes du projet, qui réjouit Jean-Charles Kohlhaas.
Silvestri played for the club's local rivals, Chievo Verona, prior to joining Leeds in the summer of 2014.
The former Italy U-21 global in my opinion will have a successful time at Hellas Verona, and I hope he can continue to make that club grow.
Wednesday saw a conflicting claim come from Italy that Silvestri was set to renew with Leeds United, but the weight of claims was always heavily balanced the other way, so it's no surprise to see Silvestri finally wearing the Hellas Verona shirt.
Indeed that proved true, with Silvestri moving away from an often fractious relationship with some Leeds United fans, heading for a club that ended their last Serie B campaign in second place. Let me know down in the comments!
- Camden Property Trust (NYSE:CPT) Shares Bought by Credit Suisse AG
- Dodgers secretly shopping stadium field naming rights
- 'Person of interest' sought after Heller gets threatening letter
- Ajay Devgn Releases The Poster of Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior
- Qld minister stood down over email scandal
- Southampton want Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts on loan
- Iteris, Inc. (NASDAQ:ITI) Given Average Recommendation of "Buy" by Analysts
- La chanteuse Barbara Weldens meurt en plein concert
- The Latest: House panel wants material from 2016 meeting
- U.S. footballer given brutal nipple gripple during match, before being bitten