If the theft of over $7 million in ethereum this week during an ICO wasn't enough to cause a headache for advocates of the cryptocurrency, only two days later, another attack has allegedly resulted in the loss of at least $30 million. Manual Araoz, CTO at Zeppelin Solutions, said that Edgeless Casino, Swarm City, and æternity, have been affected by this hack.
The attack took only minutes and the switch of a wallet address posted on the CoinDash website to one the alleged perpetrator controlled, but the damage was done - leaving investors millions out of pocket and CoinDash in serious trouble.
Parity, a UK-based VC backed company founded by Ethereum co-founder Dr. Gavin Wood, on Wednesday issued a security alert stating that it has identified a vulnerability in Parity Wallet's variant of the standard multi-sig contract.
A multi-sig wallet is a wallet that requires more than one signature for an action to be performed on its contents.
ADB projects 7.4% growth for India in 2017
The Asian Development Bank raised its growth outlook for developing Asia, citing stronger-than-expected export demand. Likewise, the projection for 2018 was lifted slightly to 5.8% from 5.7%.
Ethereum holders are nervously watching to see if millions of dollars worth of the cryptocurrency that was drained via a vulnerability in the Parity Multisignature Wallet storing the funds will be returned to them.
So far, 377,000 in ethereum has been recovered in this way, amounting to over $77 million at the time of writing. Swarm City lost about 44,055 ETH because of the breach. Edgeless Casino and the æternity blockchain were also hit, we're told. We will be creating another multisig for you that has the same settings as your old multisig but with the vulnerability removed and we will return your funds to you there.
Parity Technologies, creators of the Parity Browser for interacting with the Ethereum network have issued a critical security alert.
- White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday vs. LA Dodgers
- Tirs et vols à l'école de police de Cocody — Côte d'Ivoire
- EasyJet hikes its profit forecast soar as its Austrian airline takes off
- Bus falls into gorge in north Indian hill state, killing 25
- Stock Buzz: MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM)
- Insider delivers latest news on Alexis Sanchez's Arsenal future
- Six killed in Doda cloudburst in Jammu
- Game of Thrones Showrunners Announce Unexpected Follow-Up
- États-Unis. Un bébé meurt d'une méningite à cause d'un simple baiser
- Northwest Natural Gas Company