After it was announced that HBO is considering either four or five Game of Thrones prequels, depending on who you believe, the network made it very clear that showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss would not be involved.
Production on the new series will begin after the final season of Game of Thrones, the first installment of which premiered Sunday night, drawing a record-breaking 16.1 million viewers (including streaming), a 50% increase from the season six premiere. But this idea particularly set off alarm bells since Benioff and Weiss have come under fire for how they have depicted violence - particularly sexual violence - on "Game of Thrones". Titled Confederate, the series takes place in an alternate reality in which the southern states did secede from the Union and America is now on the brink of its third Civil War. There is a heavy presence of slavery within this show, but because there is so much going on in that world, there's not all that much time to be able to focus in on much of it individually. Nichelle Tramble Spellman (Justified, The Good Wife) and Malcolm Spellman (Empire) are also attached as writers.
Adds Benioff and Weiss: "We have discussed Confederate for years, originally as a concept for a feature film". "But our experience on "Thrones" has convinced us that no one provides a bigger, better storytelling canvas than HBO".
Cabinet approves Central Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2017
There is no compulsion for dealers with less than Rs 20 lakh turnover per annum to register under GST, said Srinivas in the release.
"Game of Thrones" still has the bulk of two seasons to go, but the showrunners of HBO's blockbuster flagship fantasy series are ready to unveil their next original show. "Their intelligent, wry and visually stunning approach to storytelling has a way of engaging an audience and taking them on an unforgettable journey. There won't be dragons or White Walkers in this series, but we are creating a world".
The popular series' end date is now up in the air, as HBO programming president Casey Bloys told Entertainment Weekly in June that Season 8's timeline will depend on how long it takes Benioff and Weiss to ideal the episodes.
- Les passagers du TGV sont désormais contrôlés aux Guillemins — Sécurité
- Trump reportedly putting pressure on Lee over health care
- MV Agusta to launch 3 new motorcycles in 2017
- Ajay Devgn Releases The Poster of Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior
- Forest Whitaker Joins 'Empire' This Fall as 'Uncle Eddie'
- Stock Buzz: MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM)
- Suspect ditches auto , jumps onto moving train during Charlotte police chase
- A Windows 10 smart thermostat is coming from Johnson Controls
- Body believed to be missing Elyria woman found in Darke County
- Leeds United confirm permanent transfer deal for 26-year-old