Veretout is expected to make a definitive choice today or tomorrow and it has been claimed that at the moment he is leaning towards a move to Italy with Fiorentina.
The reason for that is interest from Fiorentina, with Veretout seemingly more attracted by the Serie A club.
The midfielder spent last season on loan at Saint-Etienne and the Ligue 1 club have been interested in signing him up on a permanent deal in the summer transfer window.
It's presented as a done deal.
Keita excited about RB Leipzig despite Liverpool talk, says Hasenhuttl
The only glimmer of hope for the Reds is that they could persuade Leipzig to sell by offering more than his £48m release clause. This is far from Leipzig's first attempt to ward off Liverpool's interest in the 220-year-old midfielder.
Veretout was a regular starter for Les Verts, chipping in with four goals and five assists in 43 appearances across the campaign as his side finished eighth in the French top flight and reached the knockout stages of the Europa League.
If you ever happen to stumble upon Veretout in a casino, probably best to do the opposite of whatever he does.
The Villans kick off with a home fixture against Hull City on August 5 and will hope to lay down a marker after a disappointing 13-placed finish last time around.
- Hackers steal $32 million worth Ether in a recent hack
- Unilever posts first half sales growth despite weak margarine performance
- Chelsea announce Alvaro Morata deal with Real Madrid
- Northwest Natural Gas Company
- Bus falls into gorge in north Indian hill state, killing 25
- We have the start date for Celebrity Big Brother
- Everton's Funes Mori out for up to nine months
- Bixby Voice Finally on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Six killed in Doda cloudburst in Jammu
- Iran medal tally at World Para Athletics Championships climbs to 6