Everton said Wednesday that the Argentina center back, who tore his meniscus while on worldwide duty in March, had an operation in Barcelona that will "require prolonged rehabilitation of a minimum of six to nine months".
Now he has undergone surgery in Spain and is set to miss the bulk of the coming season. The surgery has been a success and he is expected to be able to return to play in approximately four weeks.
EasyJet hikes its profit forecast soar as its Austrian airline takes off
Our underlying cost control is strong, while our investment in resilience is delivering results in our operational performance. Profit before taxation is forecast to stand between £380 million and £420 million ($495-$550 million, 430-474 million euros).
He suffered a meniscus tear while playing for Argentina against Bolivia in March, an injury which curtailed his season at Everton.
Everton defender Ramiro Funes Mori is expected to be out for six to nine months after undergoing knee surgery in Barcelona.
The 23-year-old's deal is up next summer and Koeman has repeatedly stated he would need to make a decision on his Everton career one way or another during this summer's window.
- MV Agusta to launch 3 new motorcycles in 2017
- The PacWest Bancorp's (PACW) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at Stephens
- Japanese Yen Weakens as BOJ Holds, Lowers CPI Forecasts Again
- SC to continue hearing on Aadhaar's breach of privacy matter
- Cabinet approves Central Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2017
- Six killed in Doda cloudburst in Jammu
- Suspect ditches auto , jumps onto moving train during Charlotte police chase
- CVS Health Corporation (NYSE:CVS) Ducks Under The Trend Line
- Arsene Wenger models the latest Arsenal branded footwear
- Body believed to be missing Elyria woman found in Darke County