Total revenue per seat is up 2.2%, on a constant currency basis.
Total revenue in the quarter grew by 16 per cent to about £1.39bn.
"Following a rigorous and comprehensive year-long process, EasyJet is today announcing that it has been awarded an AOC by Austro Control and an airline operating licence by Austria's Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology", the carrier said.
EasyJet may have hit turbulence in recent days after its chief executive was poached by ITV, but it seems it has soared effortlessly through, as revenues rose in its third quarter.
"Our European AOC has now been awarded and the first flight by an easyJet Europe aircraft takes place today", McCall said.
Stock Buzz: MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM)
American Assets Capital Advisers decreased Mgm Resorts International (MGM) stake by 16.55% reported in 2016Q4 SEC filing. The top gainer with a security that increased in price during today's trading was MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM).
Profit before taxation is forecast to stand between £380 million and £420 million ($495-$550 million, 430-474 million euros).
EasyJet rival Wizz Air Holdings PLC Wednesday said unit revenue in the April through June months had risen and showed continued strength into the busy summer months.
Passenger numbers were up 10.8% to 22.3 million, while load factors were up 1.1 percentage points to 93.1%. Our underlying cost control is strong, while our investment in resilience is delivering results in our operational performance. Being principly established in the European Union rather than in the United Kingdom is one way for airlines to try to get around the strict rules that will apply after Brexit.
The budget airline said the new company will be called easyJet Europe and will be based in Vienna, while the people and planes that will fly for new carrier are already employed and based in EU27 countries.
easyJet will become a pan European airline group with three airlines based in the UK, Switzerland and Austria, all owned by easyJet - which itself will be EU owned, but based in the UK. Pretax profit in the last financial year was GBP495 million, having fallen from GBP686 million the prior year. The airline made no comment on Thursday about McCall's replacement.
- CVS Health Corporation (NYSE:CVS) Ducks Under The Trend Line
- Everton's Funes Mori out for up to nine months
- I will help Romelu Lukaku help Man United — Henrikh Mkhitaryan
- Les passagers du TGV sont désormais contrôlés aux Guillemins — Sécurité
- Japanese Yen Weakens as BOJ Holds, Lowers CPI Forecasts Again
- Forest Whitaker Joins 'Empire' This Fall as 'Uncle Eddie'
- NRL Star Takes Terminally Ill Girl To Her School Formal
- ADB projects 7.4% growth for India in 2017
- Suspect ditches auto , jumps onto moving train during Charlotte police chase
- SC to continue hearing on Aadhaar's breach of privacy matter