Russia and the United States are in talks on establishment of a cybersecurity group, Andrey Krutskikh, the special representative of the Russian president for worldwide cooperation in information security, said Thursday.
Following the G20 summit in Hamburg, Russian President Vladimir Putin said at a press conference that there shouldn't be situations of uncertainty in cybersecurity issues between Russia and the United States.
"Different proposals are being exchanged and are being studied, nobody is avoiding the need for negotiations and contacts", Krutskikh, who is also an Ambassador at Large of the Russian Foreign Ministry, said when asked whether the discussions on the issue were underway.
This issue was also discussed at the bilateral meeting between Putin and Trump, who said that he had raised allegations of Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential election during the talks.
"There is no need to overdramatize the working process, it is underway without doubts, it is hard taking into account the U.S. realities, but this is more of the issue of the USA administration, not ours".
LPGA issues new dress code for female golfers
Amid the uproar, the LGPA made a statement regarding the dress code. "They have a dress code at functions", Lewis said. Marika Washchyshyn, a writer for Golf.com, also reacted to the rule.
Trump later appeared to back away from the idea of cooperating with Russian Federation on cybersecurity, saying in a Twitter post that the fact that he discussed a cybersecurity unit with Putin does not mean he thinks it can happen.
The U.S. intelligence community has concluded that Moscow directed hacks of the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta in an effort to influence the 2016 presidential election - a matter Trump said he raised twice during his meeting with the Russian president.
After the meeting, Mr Putin said Mr Trump "seemed satisfied with the answers" about meddling in the election.
Trump said earlier this month he had discussed the idea of creating such a group with Putin at a summit of the Group of 20 nations in Germany.
- Can this puppy really be green?
- 3 side affects to Alexis Sanchez transfer refusal — Arsenal
- Arizona's Junior Senator: McCain Is Optimistic
- Brothers, two and five, steal mother's auto for trip to grandfather
- Penang takes steps to prevent rabies outbreak
- Traders Purchase Large Volume of Synchrony Financial Put Options (NYSE:SYF)
- Coach Mourinho pushing me to get better: Man United's Lukaku
- Pilotez la prochaine Nissan LEAF électrique d'une seule pédale — E-Pedal
- Stupeur sur le Tour: le maillot vert Marcel Kittel chute et abandonne !
- OJ Simpson Could Be Granted Parole Today. Watch His Hearing