Chelsea has made moves to sign the 26-year-old but is wary of paying over the odds while they are also running parallel negotiations for striker Alvaro Morata who is their priority.
The Spain global must now agree on personal terms and pass a medical to complete the transfer.
Morata, 24, had been heavily linked with Manchester United but the Red Devils could not reach a deal with Real.
Chelsea were in the market for a striker as Spain's Diego Costa is expected to leave the club having not travelled on their pre-season tour to China and Singapore.
The fee is thought to be in the region of £70 million.
SC to continue hearing on Aadhaar's breach of privacy matter
An exhaustive cataloguing by the court of what all constitutes privacy may limit the right itself, Justice Chandrachud observed. Right to privacy can not be so absolute and overarching that the state is prohibited from legislating restrictions on it.
The deal comes a day after Blues manager Conte signed a new deal at the club.
Morata has previously spoken of being "indebted" to Conte, who brought the youngster to Juventus, but never coached him due to taking the Italy job.
So, in the end, Conte got his man.
As per the Daily Mail, Chelsea would rather secure the services of Morata than Borussia Dortmund speedster Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang or Torino goal-machine Andrea Belotti. However, questions remain. £70 million of thereabouts represents quite the risk for a man who has no Premier League experience and was not a guaranteed starter for Real Madrid a year ago.
Speaking on Wednesday, Mourinho said he had little interest in his former club's movements as he challenged Lukaku to prove his worth at the top level, including the Champions League.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company
- Over 500000 passports issued so far this year - Coveney
- Insider delivers latest news on Alexis Sanchez's Arsenal future
- Cabinet approves Central Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2017
- Tirs et vols à l'école de police de Cocody — Côte d'Ivoire
- EasyJet hikes its profit forecast soar as its Austrian airline takes off
- Six killed in Doda cloudburst in Jammu
- ADB projects 7.4% growth for India in 2017
- MV Agusta to launch 3 new motorcycles in 2017
- CVS Health Corporation (NYSE:CVS) Ducks Under The Trend Line