At least 20 people were reported dead in a bus accident in Himachal Pradesh's Rampur, some 120 kilometres from state capital Shimla on Thursday morning, reports said.
The toll is expected to rise as the bus rolled down around 200 metres towards the bank of the Sutlej river.
The incident took place after a private bus rolled down a gorge at around 9:15 am. "May those injured recover quickly", Modi said.
Tour de France: Froome reste en tête, mais le podium a changé
Elle n'a pas déçu avec un festival d'attaques, de coups de poker, de coups du sort et un suspense préservé. Aru , en revanche, a basculé au sommet avec un retard d'une quinzaine de secondes sur ses rivaux directs.
Additional district Magistrate Suneel Sharma is at the spot supervising relief and rescue operations. Four of the seriously injured persons have been referred to IGMC Shimla and four other were undergoing treatment at Civil Hospital, Khaneri. The National Disaster Response Force was called in for help.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh expressed grief over the accident.
Further details are awaited, more casualties feared.
- Les passagers du TGV sont désormais contrôlés aux Guillemins — Sécurité
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Forest Whitaker Joins 'Empire' This Fall as 'Uncle Eddie'
- Insider delivers latest news on Alexis Sanchez's Arsenal future
- A Windows 10 smart thermostat is coming from Johnson Controls
- The PacWest Bancorp's (PACW) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at Stephens
- NRL Star Takes Terminally Ill Girl To Her School Formal
- ADB projects 7.4% growth for India in 2017
- Man drives into graveside service, injuring 12 in SC
- Stock Buzz: MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM)