At least 20 people were reported dead in a bus accident in Himachal Pradesh's Rampur, some 120 kilometres from state capital Shimla on Thursday morning, reports said.
The toll is expected to rise as the bus rolled down around 200 metres towards the bank of the Sutlej river.
The incident took place after a private bus rolled down a gorge at around 9:15 am. "May those injured recover quickly", Modi said.
MV Agusta to launch 3 new motorcycles in 2017
Compared to the standard Brutale 800 that has a top speed of 237 kmph, the Brutale 800 RR tops out at 245 kmph. The Brutale 800 also includes a double saddle, concealed passenger handles, rear light and LED indicators.
Additional district Magistrate Suneel Sharma is at the spot supervising relief and rescue operations. Four of the seriously injured persons have been referred to IGMC Shimla and four other were undergoing treatment at Civil Hospital, Khaneri. The National Disaster Response Force was called in for help.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh expressed grief over the accident.
Further details are awaited, more casualties feared.
- Japanese Yen Weakens as BOJ Holds, Lowers CPI Forecasts Again
- Northwest Natural Gas Company
- $100 million in renovations underway at Ford Field
- We have the start date for Celebrity Big Brother
- Forest Whitaker Joins 'Empire' This Fall as 'Uncle Eddie'
- Body believed to be missing Elyria woman found in Darke County
- Six killed in Doda cloudburst in Jammu
- États-Unis. Un bébé meurt d'une méningite à cause d'un simple baiser
- Tour de France: Froome reste en tête, mais le podium a changé
- EasyJet hikes its profit forecast soar as its Austrian airline takes off