They comprised three apartments, a plot of land, two vehicles and two accounts holding more than the equivalent of $190,000.
Lula, as he is widely known, remains free pending an appeal of the verdict.
A Brazilian judge has ordered assets belonging to the country's former President, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, to be frozen following his conviction for corruption, BBC News reports.
"The condemnation of Lula by (Judge Sergio Moro) is a further blow to the already weakened Brazilian democracy because when justice takes sides, condemns without evidence, acts only for presumption of guilt and a judge becomes accusatory, there is something serious happening", said Guiljerme Boulos, the national coordinator of the Landless Workers' Movement.
Rallies were held in several cities across the country on Thursday
According to Lula, he and his wife only visited the Guaruja apartment but ultimately declined to buy it. Lula's lawyers also presented documents stating that OAS gave the apartment to public bank Caixa as a loan guarantee, indicating that the apartment was not even in the company' s possession to be disposed of.
Lula denies all of the accusations. His party said the sanctions amounted to "economic suffocation".
He would also be stripped of his political protection and go to jail to serve a nine-and-a-half year sentence. But she was impeached and ousted previous year for fiddling government accounts to hide liabilities. They are also demanding the removal of President Michel Temer. But he, too, is accused of taking bribes, as have several of his ministers who have resigned.
Japanese Yen Weakens as BOJ Holds, Lowers CPI Forecasts Again
The common currency hit 14-month high this week following seemingly hawkish comments by ECB President Mario Draghi . Global benchmark Brent also lost almost 0.1 percent to $49.67, holding on to most of Wednesday's 1.8 percent gain.
- CVS Health Corporation (NYSE:CVS) Ducks Under The Trend Line
- Man drives into graveside service, injuring 12 in SC
- Man Arrested And Firearm Seized At Dublin's Connolly Station
- White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday vs. LA Dodgers
- Unilever posts first half sales growth despite weak margarine performance
- Six killed in Doda cloudburst in Jammu
- Insider delivers latest news on Alexis Sanchez's Arsenal future
- Northwest Natural Gas Company
- " "François Lecointre, un " marsouin " aux commandes
- Everton's Funes Mori out for up to nine months