The popular blogger was wanted by Baku authorities for allegedly traveling to the Armenian-controlled parts of the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region, which Azerbaijan considers its sovereign territory and for criticizing the country's President Ilham Aliyev and his policy.
In December, Azerbaijan issued an global arrest warrant for Lapshin on charges of "violating the state border" over several visits to Nagorno-Karabakh along the Armenian border without coordinating with the authorities in the capital, Baku.
The 40-year-old blogger holds dual Russian-Israeli citizenship. A Baku court delivered the verdict regarding blogger Alexander Lapshin's case, a citizen of Russian Federation and Israel.
Body believed to be missing Elyria woman found in Darke County
Detectives from the Elyria Police Department are on their way to Greenville to assist with the investigation. Monday and asked officers to do a welfare check on her sister because she couldn't reach her on the phone.
In February, Belarus extradited Lapshin to Azerbaijan after the Belarussian Supreme Court denied his appeal. "The Azerbaijani armed forces came under fire 126 times throughout the day", the ministry said in a statement.
According to Azerbaijan's Report AZ news agency, the General Prosecutor's Office in Baku said that between April 2011 and October 2012, Lapshin "entered the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, promoted illegal regime in his own website... named the Nagorno-Karabakh as an independent state".
- Trump reportedly putting pressure on Lee over health care
- Everton's Funes Mori out for up to nine months
- Chelsea announce Alvaro Morata deal with Real Madrid
- SC to continue hearing on Aadhaar's breach of privacy matter
- Japanese Yen Weakens as BOJ Holds, Lowers CPI Forecasts Again
- Les passagers du TGV sont désormais contrôlés aux Guillemins — Sécurité
- MV Agusta to launch 3 new motorcycles in 2017
- NRL Star Takes Terminally Ill Girl To Her School Formal
- Stock Buzz: MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM)
- Insider delivers latest news on Alexis Sanchez's Arsenal future