But GLAS also comes with sensors that will detect when someone is in the room, and adjust its settings accordingly, meaning savings for you and your organisation.
We're all familiar with the rise of the internet-enabled thermostats, thanks to the development of companies like Nest, and now Microsoft is entering the space after it partnered with Johnson Controls to develop a product called GLAS. We first saw GLAS on The Verge.
GLAS, which was revealed in a YouTube video today, targets businesses and stores looking to establish a smarter, more connected workplace.
Forest Whitaker Joins 'Empire' This Fall as 'Uncle Eddie'
Decades later, Eddie steps up for Lucious at a critical moment during his rehabilitation, and a grateful Cookie ( Taraji P. The series will serve as a reunion for Whitaker and co-creator Lee Daniels , who directed The Butler .
It features an elegant user interface that knows when you are in the room, what the air quality is inside and out, and is able to manage your ventilation and heating intelligently based on a number of factors. Its main differentiator is that it's voice activated. But neither company has said if the thermostat will be on sale to consumers in the United Kingdom or USA, or given a price.
Of course, with the smarts the Microsoft Windows 10 IoT Core, GLAS offers plus those stunning glass looks we don't expect this fashion statement to be cheap. That means you might see a lot more smart gadgets featuring Cortana popping up over the next year.
- Amazon's new Spark social feed wants to be 'Instagram for products'
- 500 kilos d'écailles de tortues saisis à l'aéroport, un record — Roissy
- Ajay Devgn Releases The Poster of Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior
- Google's feed will show personalised news on iOS, Android app
- Wizz Air names three new senior management staff
- Trump Jr et Jared Kushner devant la commission sénatoriale
- Sports Direct profits drop by nearly 60% as pound sterling slump bites
- Bastad : Pablo Cuevas à la trappe - Tennis - ATP - Bastad - L'Équipe
- Huckabee Sanders And Fox Reporter Exchange Barbs Over Untelevised Briefings
- Leeds United confirm permanent transfer deal for 26-year-old