But GLAS also comes with sensors that will detect when someone is in the room, and adjust its settings accordingly, meaning savings for you and your organisation.
We're all familiar with the rise of the internet-enabled thermostats, thanks to the development of companies like Nest, and now Microsoft is entering the space after it partnered with Johnson Controls to develop a product called GLAS. We first saw GLAS on The Verge.
GLAS, which was revealed in a YouTube video today, targets businesses and stores looking to establish a smarter, more connected workplace.
Rolls-Royce Teases New Phantom Before 'The Great Eight Phantoms' Event
This should ensure the new Phantom is both more efficient and more agile than the outgoing model, which was discontinued in 2016. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Rolls-Royce made a decision to bring out the legendary ride and showcase it across the globe.
It features an elegant user interface that knows when you are in the room, what the air quality is inside and out, and is able to manage your ventilation and heating intelligently based on a number of factors. Its main differentiator is that it's voice activated. But neither company has said if the thermostat will be on sale to consumers in the United Kingdom or USA, or given a price.
Of course, with the smarts the Microsoft Windows 10 IoT Core, GLAS offers plus those stunning glass looks we don't expect this fashion statement to be cheap. That means you might see a lot more smart gadgets featuring Cortana popping up over the next year.
- I will help Romelu Lukaku help Man United — Henrikh Mkhitaryan
- Raiders LB Khalil Mack partners with Mack Trucks
- Amazon's new Spark social feed wants to be 'Instagram for products'
- Eddie Nketiah features in Arsenal pre-season win over Bayern Munich
- 500 kilos d'écailles de tortues saisis à l'aéroport, un record — Roissy
- Forest Whitaker Joins 'Empire' This Fall as 'Uncle Eddie'
- Arsene Wenger models the latest Arsenal branded footwear
- Bernard Arnault : des plongeurs démineurs au service du milliardaire ?
- Leeds United confirm permanent transfer deal for 26-year-old
- La ministre des Transports met le projet sur "pause" — Ligne Lyon-Turin