A display of the Lions' new video boards, part of their $100-million Ford Field renovations, on July 19, 2017.
The Lions, who have won one playoff game and three division titles since 1957 when the franchise won its last National Football League championship, decided the banners had become more a reminder of the team's history of incompetence rather than excellence, according to team president Tom Wood. Another banner could have been hung after the Lions made the playoffs after last season and lost to Seattle in the first round. They're coming off of their second postseason appearance in three years and bring back a roster capable of challenging for the NFC North crown.
General manager Bob Quinn and head coach Jim Caldwell, both of whom own Super Bowl rings, agreed with Wood's decision.
The move signifies that expectations within the Lions organization are much greater nowadays than just making the playoffs.
I will help Romelu Lukaku help Man United — Henrikh Mkhitaryan
During the Red Devils' preseason tour of the United States, Mourinho has revealed where the 19-year-old will and won't be playing next season.
The bulk of the money the Lions invested in Ford Field went to new video boards that total more than 270 feet in length in each end zone.
The Lions had a chance to win their first division title since 1991 in the final week of the regular season a year ago, but dropped a 31-24 contest at Ford Field against the Green Bay Packers.
"I certainly am setting my sights on winning divisions (titles) and championships and not just making the playoffs", Wood said.
- Wizz Air names three new senior management staff
- FBI seeks help regarding person of interest in child sexual exploitation investigation
- Google's feed will show personalised news on iOS, Android app
- Forest Whitaker Joins 'Empire' This Fall as 'Uncle Eddie'
- Eddie Nketiah features in Arsenal pre-season win over Bayern Munich
- Rolls-Royce Teases New Phantom Before 'The Great Eight Phantoms' Event
- Woodside Quarterly Production Slips But Eyes Wheatstone Startup
- Bernard Arnault : des plongeurs démineurs au service du milliardaire ?
- The Latest: House panel wants material from 2016 meeting
- " "François Lecointre. Un " héros " pour éteindre l'incendie