A wrestler was arrested by the Delhi Police on Wednesday in connection with the alleged rape of a minor national level junior Kabaddi player in Delhi's Model Town area yesterday.
In her statement, the victim had alleged that on July 9 she met a man who befriended her posing as an official of the Chhatrasal Stadium administration. She had claimed the man picked her up from the stadium in his auto and took her to a flat in Rohini on the pretext of introducing her to a few friends, The Indian Express quoted a police officer as saying.
Dahiya left the victim near the stadium the next day and threatened her with dire consequences if she disclosed his crime to anyone, he said. As she was too scared, she did not approach the police for several days, the minor said.
Concorde Asset Management LLC Cuts Stake in McDonald's Corporation (NYSE:MCD)
The Business's restaurants serve a locally relevant menu of food and drinks sold at various price points in over 100 countries. The Company's divisions include U.S., International Lead Markets, High Growth Markets, and Foundational Markets and Corporate.
While speaking to Hindustan Times, a police official said that a case of rape under sections of POCSO (Protection of children from sexual offences act) has been registered and the accused has also been detained. The medical test of the victim confirmed the rape and she undergoing the treatment.
"He was identified and has been detained. The accused then sexually assaulted her", the officer added.
- Myanmar plane: Bad weather blamed for Andaman Sea crash
- Justice Erwin Sperisen n'est pas libéré
- CBEC: GST rates not to be revised unless there is anomaly
- McConnell's latest Obamacare repeal strategy dies in Senate
- Windows 10 Office Mobile apps updated with Fluent Design
- Jimmy Fallon se marre en écoutant Philippe Katerine — Vidéo
- U.S. housing starts, permits rebound in June
- Turkey changes justice, defense ministers in cabinet shuffle
- Mithali Raj banks on India's Derby 'advantage'
- Salaries of the BBC's highest-earning stars to be revealed