A wrestler was arrested by the Delhi Police on Wednesday in connection with the alleged rape of a minor national level junior Kabaddi player in Delhi's Model Town area yesterday.
In her statement, the victim had alleged that on July 9 she met a man who befriended her posing as an official of the Chhatrasal Stadium administration. She had claimed the man picked her up from the stadium in his auto and took her to a flat in Rohini on the pretext of introducing her to a few friends, The Indian Express quoted a police officer as saying.
Dahiya left the victim near the stadium the next day and threatened her with dire consequences if she disclosed his crime to anyone, he said. As she was too scared, she did not approach the police for several days, the minor said.
Nelson Mandela Day: Activist, Politicians Extol Legacies
With its bold new call for #ActionAgainstPoverty , Mandela Day aims to tackle our first and fundamental challenge. Mandela acts as a cameo in 1992's Malcolm X as a teacher reciting one of the civil rights activist's speeches.
While speaking to Hindustan Times, a police official said that a case of rape under sections of POCSO (Protection of children from sexual offences act) has been registered and the accused has also been detained. The medical test of the victim confirmed the rape and she undergoing the treatment.
"He was identified and has been detained. The accused then sexually assaulted her", the officer added.
- Rank And File May Go Their Own Way On Health Care
- West Ham agree club record £24m fee for Marko Arnautovic
- Mithali Raj banks on India's Derby 'advantage'
- Tour de France. Abandon de Marcel Kittel !
- Un homme grièvement blessé à la machette — Normandie
- Insider Trading at Canadian Natural Resources Limited?
- Salaries of the BBC's highest-earning stars to be revealed
- Jimmy Fallon se marre en écoutant Philippe Katerine — Vidéo
- Construction giant Morgan Sindall 'knocked the first half out of the park'
- McConnell's latest Obamacare repeal strategy dies in Senate