Dr. Carmen A. Puliafito, the dean of USC's Keck School of Medicine, was a top bundler for the institution before his resignation in March 2016, hauling in $200 million in research grants while overseeing hundreds of students and thousands of professors and clinicians, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday. School officials have declined comment and he continues to represent USC's medical school, speaking at a Keck-sponsored program at a hotel in Pasadena Saturday - one of the hotels which a member of the group said she frequented with him. During his almost 10 years at the university, he has been a key fundraiser, bringing in an estimated $1 billion in donations to USC. He also wrote tha drug use in not uncommon and "impacts individuals at all levels of society". "We are concerned about Dr. Puliafito and his family and hope that, if the article's assertions are true, he receives the help and treatment he may need for a full recovery".
The university, however, did not say when it first learned of Puliafito's conduct or how it responded.
Police found methamphetamine in the hotel room, according to a police report, but made no arrests.
The Access Financial Services Inc. Acquires 497 Shares of Wells Fargo & Company
It is negative, as 112 investors sold WFC shares while 836 reduced holdings. 149 funds opened positions while 487 raised stakes. The firm has "Buy" rating by KeyBanc Capital Markets given on Sunday, July 16. (NYSE:MPW) on Friday, April 7 to "Buy" rating.
Puliafito, 66, and these much younger acquaintances captured their exploits in photos and videos.
Puliafito resigned from his post as dean of the medical school three weeks later, claiming he wanted to explore "outside opportunities", the Times reports.
- Mexico, Canada boost security for electronics on United States flights
- Dem rep: Stripping war authorization repeal 'underhanded & undemocratic'
- Liverpool's Klopp backs Mohamed Salah despite previous Prem struggles
- Vauxhall unveils 257bhp Insignia GSi model
- Toulouse: un chevreuil sauvé de la noyade par des pompiers
- Man United linked to PSG star
- Xiaomi Shares Official Mi 5X Renders Ahead Of Its Launch
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- BA cabin crew begin new two-week strike
- Summary of Analyst Ratings Tips: PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL), Aon plc (AON)