Dr. Carmen A. Puliafito, the dean of USC's Keck School of Medicine, was a top bundler for the institution before his resignation in March 2016, hauling in $200 million in research grants while overseeing hundreds of students and thousands of professors and clinicians, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday. School officials have declined comment and he continues to represent USC's medical school, speaking at a Keck-sponsored program at a hotel in Pasadena Saturday - one of the hotels which a member of the group said she frequented with him. During his almost 10 years at the university, he has been a key fundraiser, bringing in an estimated $1 billion in donations to USC. He also wrote tha drug use in not uncommon and "impacts individuals at all levels of society". "We are concerned about Dr. Puliafito and his family and hope that, if the article's assertions are true, he receives the help and treatment he may need for a full recovery".
The university, however, did not say when it first learned of Puliafito's conduct or how it responded.
Police found methamphetamine in the hotel room, according to a police report, but made no arrests.
Walt Disney Company (The) Target of Unusually High Options Trading (DIS)
After $-1.07 actual EPS reported by AVX Corporation for the previous quarter, Wall Street now forecasts -11.21% EPS growth. Schmidt P J Invest Mngmt Inc, Wisconsin-based fund reported 27,467 shares. 65,568 were accumulated by Patriot Wealth Inc.
Puliafito, 66, and these much younger acquaintances captured their exploits in photos and videos.
Puliafito resigned from his post as dean of the medical school three weeks later, claiming he wanted to explore "outside opportunities", the Times reports.
- Summary of Analyst Ratings Tips: PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL), Aon plc (AON)
- Un chauffard fonce intentionnellement sur les policiers et en blesse deux — Toulouse
- Mexico, Canada boost security for electronics on United States flights
- Vauxhall unveils 257bhp Insignia GSi model
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners LP (NYSE:BWP) Experiences Lighter than Usual Trading Volume
- Cubs' Kris Bryant suffers finger injury, leaves game in first inning
- Man United linked to PSG star
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Singapore offers SAF assistance to help Philippines fight terrorism
- Oil holds above US$46 amid robust economic growth in China