Malayalam actor Dileep's driver Appunni has applied for anticipatory bail in the Kerala High court on Wednesday fearing being implicated as an accused in the actor abduction case.
Chennai: The trail of the ongoing probe into the abduction case of a leading Malayalam actress has led the police to an nearly similar case in 2011 which relates to an unsuccessful bid by "Pulsar" Suni alias Sunil Kumar and his gang to abduct another young actress.
However, the remand report that TNM had accessed says that after Pulsar Suni's arrest he continued to call Appunni.
Fire rages at Buff Whelan Chevrolet dealer service area in Sterling Heights
The dealership is expected to be open for business on Wednesday; the showroom and used auto department received no damage. Viewers from as far as 5 miles away from the dealership called Local 4 and said they could see the pillar of black smoke.
They sought Sunil's custody for eight days citing the need to take him to Chavakkad, Kannur, Thiruvananthapuram and places in Tamil Nadu, where the vehicle used for the abduction bid was taken, for collection of evidence. About the alleged role of the petitioner in the case and repeated assertions by the media that the petitioner will be arrayed as an accused and he is going to be arrested. Five people including Suni have been arrested in connection with the case. He claimed that there was no evidence against Dileep and the police was allegedly attempting to turn Suni and Nadirshah as approvers to trap Dileep.
He said the police would challenge Dileep's bail plea in the high court when it comes up for hearing on Thursday. He said, a special investigation team had earlier interrogated him but found nothing against him. He added in the bail application that he might be tortured by the police if he gets arrested now.
- "Bernard Laroche est innocent", la lettre posthume du juge Lambert — Affaire Gregory
- Secret Service didn't vet Trump Jr.'s meeting
- Ball in Mercedes' court over future - Bottas
- CBRE Group, Inc. (CBG) Shares Sold by Credit Suisse AG
- New MCC rules to force Mahendra Singh Dhoni to change bats?
- (IPAR) to Post $0.17 Earnings Per Share
- Le Nord et le Pas-de-Calais limitent la consommation d'eau — Sécheresse
- Maute death toll in ongoing Marawi clash now at 405
- Encore un espoir pour Jovetic — OM
- Réaménagement du gouvernement, nomination d'un nouveau ministre de la Défense — Côte d'Ivoire