Malayalam actor Dileep's driver Appunni has applied for anticipatory bail in the Kerala High court on Wednesday fearing being implicated as an accused in the actor abduction case.
Chennai: The trail of the ongoing probe into the abduction case of a leading Malayalam actress has led the police to an nearly similar case in 2011 which relates to an unsuccessful bid by "Pulsar" Suni alias Sunil Kumar and his gang to abduct another young actress.
However, the remand report that TNM had accessed says that after Pulsar Suni's arrest he continued to call Appunni.
Transgender woman takes selfie with unwitting Republican Governor behind transphobic bathroom bill
If enacted in Texas, it would mean Smith could be forced to use a men's bathroom in public places. Smith said a bathroom bill would put already vulnerable transgender people "at significant risk".
They sought Sunil's custody for eight days citing the need to take him to Chavakkad, Kannur, Thiruvananthapuram and places in Tamil Nadu, where the vehicle used for the abduction bid was taken, for collection of evidence. About the alleged role of the petitioner in the case and repeated assertions by the media that the petitioner will be arrayed as an accused and he is going to be arrested. Five people including Suni have been arrested in connection with the case. He claimed that there was no evidence against Dileep and the police was allegedly attempting to turn Suni and Nadirshah as approvers to trap Dileep.
He said the police would challenge Dileep's bail plea in the high court when it comes up for hearing on Thursday. He said, a special investigation team had earlier interrogated him but found nothing against him. He added in the bail application that he might be tortured by the police if he gets arrested now.
- US Governors Urge Senate to Reject Healthcare Repeal Efforts
- Maute death toll in ongoing Marawi clash now at 405
- New MCC rules to force Mahendra Singh Dhoni to change bats?
- Fire rages at Buff Whelan Chevrolet dealer service area in Sterling Heights
- Health Care Shares Dip As Legislative Dance Drags On - Health Care Roundup
- Emma Watson posts Facebook plea to help find her missing rings
- PDC Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ:PDCE) PT Raised to $48.00
- FBI, police search Livonia park in Danielle Stislicki's disappearance
- Chelsea 'very close' to signing Alvaro Morata
- Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE:PBI) Given Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" by Brokerages