The state cabinet on Wednesday made a decision to initiate the process to set up the airport at Harrisons Malayalam Ltd's Cheruvally Estate in Kanjirapally taluk of Kottayam district.
The Kerala government on Wednesday chose to construct an airport at Kottayam district's Cheruvally estate to provide air connectivity to pilgrims visiting the Lord Ayyappa hill shrine at Sabarimala.
The Sabarimala airport was recommended by a four-member committee led by Kerala revenue secretary P H Kurian.
Hollywood neighbours threaten to sue Disney star
Paul himself then came running out of the house and began climbing on top of the news camera truck, to the delight of his fans. Once he's back on the ground he offers a word of regret-"Yeah it sucks and I feel bad for them", Paul says of his neighbors.
The 2,263 acre Cheruvally estate of the Harrisons Plantations is located at Kanjirapally, about 48 km from Sabarimala. The Minister assured Vijayan that a preliminary no-objection certificate for the airport would be given once the land for the project was identified. The issue is now pending in the Kerala High Court.
The estate in Kottayam district belongs to the Thiruvalla-headquartered Believers Church, but the state government has staked claim to it.
Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) is India's first solar-powered airport as its entire daily power requirement of about 52,000 units are met by its 12MWp (12 Mega Watt peak) power project plant. Earlier, there was a proposal to set up an airport at Aranmula, but following stiff resistance from environmental groups, the LDF government had previous year cancelled all orders related to the project, including the grant of in-principle sanction.
- Les détracteurs du spectacle de Michel Boujenah, déboutés par la justice — Tunisie
- Opgen Incorporated (NASDAQ:OPGN) Short Interest Increased By 2.39%
- Pep Guardiola confirms Manchester City rivalling Chelsea for Real Madrid defender Danilo
- Separatistas proclaman un nuevo país en Ucrania
- William Blair Lowers Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE:COG) to Hold
- CNN's Jake Tapper condemns the Women's March pro cop-killer tweet
- Trump, Putin held second G20 meeting
- Koch Industries Inc. Takes Position in Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE)
- Man Survives Fall Into Abandoned Well In Cohasset
- Health officials warn of increase in food-borne illness caused by parasite