The rule is set to come into play from October 1.Dhoni isn't the only one and even the likes of David Warner, Chris Gayle and Kieron Pollard will have to bring out fresh bats when they hit the middle.
The rules say that the thick edges of the bats, which are heavier towards the bottom, will now have to be limited to within 40mm. These players have been using 50mm edges bats which helped them clear the ground with utmost ease. According to reports, Dhoni carries the bat with an edge of 45mm and will have to decrease the thickness to adhere to the MCC guidelines.
Trade analysis: Yankees used deep farm system to address needs
The Yankees say goodbye to Clippard, who pitched very well early in the season but struggled mightily for the last month. The Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox meet Wednesday in Major League Baseball action at Guaranteed Rate Field.
The sweet spot of Dhoni's bat begins from four inches above the bottom of the bat to 16 inches. The Australian newspaper reported last December that Warner's Twenty20 bat has a maximum depth of 85mm, 18mm more than the proposed new rule would allow. The mass of the bat is behind the sweet spot which accounts for the stroke. Steve Smith, Joe Root and Kane Williamson too play with the bats having edges less than or equal to the new guidelines. Pollard, however, has already started playing with a 40 mm blade, saying it doesn't make any sense to wait till October. India's ODI opener Rohit Sharma uses a 1160 to 1180 gm bat with 10 inches of sweet spot with an edge below 40mm. The Indian skipper's bat weighs around 1160gm which has a sweet spot of around eight inches, starting from six inches above the bottom of the bat to 14 inches. The cricketer said sooner or later he'll have to followed the new specifications, therefore it's better using it from now on.
- Cae Ángel Villar, el hombre fuerte del fútbol español — FIFAGate
- Separatistas proclaman un nuevo país en Ucrania
- Nod for Airport at Kanjirappally; Targets Sabarimala Pilgrims
- Nasdaq, S&P open at record highs
- What Do Analysts Say About Jaguar Animal Health, Inc. (JAGX)
- Transgender woman takes selfie with unwitting Republican Governor behind transphobic bathroom bill
- Opgen Incorporated (NASDAQ:OPGN) Short Interest Increased By 2.39%
- Koch Industries Inc. Takes Position in Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE)
- Vente autorisée en pharmacies en Uruguay — Cannabis
- Man Survives Fall Into Abandoned Well In Cohasset