The award presented by the Davey O'Brien Foundation has been given to the nation's best quarterback every year since 1981.
Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen is among 30 college players named to the 2017 Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award Watch List. The Golden Arm Award is named in honor of Johnny Unitas, who was an 18-year veteran of the National Football League and played his collegiate career at the University of Louisville before joining the Baltimore Colts in 1958. Speight was also on the Maxwell Award watch list, given to the country's top offensive player. He has also earned a spot on Athlon Sports' preseason All-ACC fourth team. The Fayetteville product threw multiple touchdown passes in nine games and became the first quarterback in school history and one of just four in the SEC since 2000 to throw multiple touchdown passes in each of the first seven games of a season. He finished 17-of-29 passing for 223 yards and three touchdowns.
Pep Guardiola confirms Manchester City rivalling Chelsea for Real Madrid defender Danilo
Should City manage to push forward with the transfer, Danilo is expected to meet up with the rest of the City squad in the USA. With City having already signed Walker, Danilo would likely be stepping into a similar situation under Pep Guardiola.
The list of 30 will be trimmed to 16 semifinalists on November 7 and to three finalists on November 20. The award is overseen by the Davey O'Brien Foundation, which is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, and has given away more than $1 million in scholarships and university grants to help high school and college athletes transform leadership on the field into leadership in life. The 2017 Davey O'Brien Award victor will be announced live Thursday, Dec. 7 on The Home Depot College Football Awards. Fan voting, which accounts for five percent of the total balloting, will begin on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
Duke season tickets are available online at www.GoDuke.com/FootballTix or by calling the Duke Athletic Ticket Office at 919-681-2583.
- Buick Regal GS debuts with 310-hp, 9-speed and AWD
- Vente autorisée en pharmacies en Uruguay — Cannabis
- Nasdaq, S&P open at record highs
- William Blair Lowers Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE:COG) to Hold
- BCRA, repeal-and-delay plans both dead for now — UPDATE
- Hollywood neighbours threaten to sue Disney star
- Trade analysis: Yankees used deep farm system to address needs
- Health officials warn of increase in food-borne illness caused by parasite
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- CNN's Jake Tapper condemns the Women's March pro cop-killer tweet