And finally, Ravi Shastri was selected as team India head coach.
This comes to light after a week of chaos and drama that ensued following interviews of five candidates held by the CAC earlier this week.
The report further stated that Sehwag had a brief discussion with Virat Kohli to get the skipper's views on the possibility of him getting the job, and also the first hand account on how a coach-captain relationship works.
Sisqo Has Recreated 'Thong Song' + It's Your New Summer 2017 Jam
All in all, the sentiment is still the same 18 years later - the dumps remain like trucks, the thighs endure like what. While the original is still a classic, the new version updates it with a groovy electro beat and steel drum rhythms.
Coming to the facts, we all knew that, out of ten applicants: Ravi Shastri, Virender Sehwag, Craig McDermott, Lance Klusener, Rakesh Sharma, Lalchand Rajput, Phil Simmons, Tom Moody, Dodda Ganesh and Richard Pybus, only six were shortlisted for the interview and they are Sehwag, Pybus, Rajput, Shastri, Simmons, and Moody out of which Ravi Shastri ended up ascending the highest position. The former cricketer applied for the post after a BCCI official nudged him.
It was after this advice from the BCCI official that Sehwag chose to approach Kohli to get "a feel of things". "Of course, Viru paa". If the reports are to be believed, the likes of physiotherapist Amit Tyagi and Kings XI Punjab assistant coach and Sehwag's Delhi team-mate Mithun Manhas were supposed to be a part of Sehwag's team. According to the insider, Kohli explained to Sehwag, "Paaji, I have a lot of respect for you for what you can bring to the table but you have to understand that there is a professional set-up in place, therefore this cannot happen".
It is then that Kohli told Sehwag he had reservations."Paaji, I have a lot of respect for you for what you can bring to the table but you have to understand that there is a professional set-up in place, therefore this cannot happen. The rest is up to the CAC", Kohli said. "The CAC did a fair job in assessing all candidates and came with the best possible decision", sources said. "What went in Shastri's favour was also the fact that he understood the importance of the work ethic put in place by the existing support staff members who have worked with the team for close to three years", the source added.
- Anheuser Busch Inbev NV Target of Unusually High Options Trading (NYSE:BUD)
- Charter Communications, Inc. (CHTR) Stake Raised by Vanguard Group Inc
- Ensco Plc (ESV) Raised to "Overweight" at Piper Jaffray Companies
- CIT Group Inc (DEL) (NYSE:CIT) Announces $0.15 Quarterly Dividend
- The Assured Guaranty Ltd. (AGO) Shares Sold by Meeder Asset Management Inc
- Golar LNG Partners LP (GMLP) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research to "Sell"
- Qatar Could Take Saudi-Led Bloc to ICC Over Blockade
- Les suspensions de Jacques et Jannie Du Plessis réduites en appel — Montpellier
- UAE Hacked Qatar Government, Social Media Websites
- Kansas coach raves about Doug Meacham