The actor managed to survive after an eagle-eyed villager on the island of Koh Samui spotted a seemingly abandoned motorbike he had been using to explore the handsome location.
He was also suffering from a tropical infection picked up from his untreated wounds.
The actor was forced to move hospitals immediately after doctors on the island attempted to charge £13,000 a night to treat him.
He's since managed to speak out about the terrifying ordeal and admits that he's very grateful to have gotten out alive.
"I am lucky to be alive", the TV star told the Sun.
Speaking of the near-death experience to The Sun from hospital, Paul explained that he had not been lost, but his phone had stopped working after it plunged into the water - making him unable to tell anyone of his whereabouts.
'It took such a long time to find me. It's an understatement to say it wasn't a great situation ...
First Republic Bank (FRC) Short Interest Update
Teza Capital Management LLC purchased a new position in First Republic Bank during the first quarter worth approximately $549,000. On average, equities analysts anticipate that First Republic Bank will post $4.47 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
He added: "The problem was I couldn't move to get out of there".
"I've got a broken leg and I'm missing a kneecap".
Nicholls said his kneecap was destroyed in the fall and would need a complete reconstruction.
It is not known why Paul fell but some local sources claimed he may have been attempting to take a selfie.
Just one month ago American tourist Geoffrey Maui, 28, died after falling from the same location.
A source told the newspaper that 38-year-old Paul had flown to Thailand a week ago because he is now "between filming".
He has also starred in Law & Order and has appeared in films including Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.
Here at Now we wish Paul a speedy recovery.
- How to get $1 hot dogs every day in August
- L'ancien ministre de la Défense François Léotard mis en examen — Affaire Karachi
- InterDigital (IDCC) Getting Very Positive News Coverage, Analysis Finds
- Earnings at the Forefront For ASML Holding NV
- Le plus sexy des SUV — Jaguar E-Pace
- Duterte seeks to extend martial law amid ISIL threat
- Miles Capital Inc. Continues to Hold Position in Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS)
- New York Yankees injured 1B Greg Bird: 'My season is not over'
- Friends Provident International sold by Aviva for £340m
- Hillary more UNPOPULAR than Trump