If he departs, the Blues will need to sign a new starting striker ahead of the 2017/18 Premier League campaign. The 24-year-old was expected return to the Blues, but the Red Devils acted quickly after talks with Los Blancos over Morata broke down.
He spent two years at Atletico Madrid's academy before moving on to Getafe and then Real in 2008, still a junior player. During his 63 games with Juventus, he tallied just 15 goals.
He made his global debut for Spain in 2014 and has nine goals from 20 games.
Health officials warn of increase in food-borne illness caused by parasite
Washing your food is always advisable, no matter what, but this parasite can only really be killed by cooking your food. Numerous previous cases in Texas have been linked to cilantro, a common garnish found in Mexican and Asian food.
Morata, who has also been linked to AC Milan, is keen to move away from the Bernabeu for the second time in his career in order to gain regular first team football, something which should help him in his quest to be Spain's first choice striker at next summer's World Cup.
After missing out on Lukaku, Chelsea focused on their other targets namely Morata, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Andrea Belotti and Manchester City's Sergio Aguero.
He had hoped to complete a deal before joining Real for pre-season, but the striker has returned to training.
The move reportedly comes at the request of Antonio Conte, who had attempted to sign the Spain global for Chelsea last summer.
- BCRA, repeal-and-delay plans both dead for now — UPDATE
- Health Care Shares Dip As Legislative Dance Drags On - Health Care Roundup
- Man Survives Fall Into Abandoned Well In Cohasset
- Dunkirk Marks the Debut of One Direction Star, Harry Styles
- (IPAR) to Post $0.17 Earnings Per Share
- New MCC rules to force Mahendra Singh Dhoni to change bats?
- Les détracteurs du spectacle de Michel Boujenah, déboutés par la justice — Tunisie
- Michigan QB Wilton Speight makes the Davey O'Brien Award watch list
- Senadores republicanos analizarían acuerdo bipartidista para reformar el Obamacare
- Google. Droit à l'oubli : le Conseil d'État veut des éclaircissements du droit