A sport-tuned exhaust is meant to make the Regal sound distinct from the larger Buick LaCrosse, which uses the same V-6. In fact, ask some enthusiasts and you'll hear about the GM 3800 series engines, IndyCar racing, and the mythical GS and GNX.
In a reversal from the latest trends, Buick has upsized the engine in its second-generation Regal GS, now a five-door hatchback, to a 310-horsepower naturally aspirated 3.6-liter V-6, from the first generation's 2.0-liter turbo four. The Regal GS makes more power than both the Acura TLX A-Spec (290 horsepower) and the Lexus IS350 F-Sport (306 horsepower).
Marijuana Decriminalization Measure Signed Into Law
Under the new law, first time offenders will receive a civil violation punishable by a $100 fine. This is a big step toward a more sensible policy for New Hampshire".
The GS is basically a sport-tuned version of the all-new Buick Regal.
The sole transmission is a 9-speed automatic, and drive is to all four wheels via General Motors' twin-clutch all-wheel-drive system. The Regal GS uses the five-door sportback bodystyle from the standard auto (though a GS version of the TourX would be awesome), swiped from GM's soon-to-be former German division, Opel. The lack of a manual gearbox is perhaps disappointing, but it's also unsurprising, given that Buick dropped the manual from the previous-gen Regal GS a few years ago. Selectable modes allow the driver to tailor the vehicle to fit the situation. On the outside the Regal GS features more aggressive front and rear fascias, 19-inch wheels and a rear decklid spoiler. They even come standard with heating, ventilation, and massaging functions. The driver faces a GS badged flat-bottom steering wheel and GS-specific pedals. A color head-up display is optional. Available safety features include front pedestrian braking, lane keep assist with lane departure warnings, forward collision alert, automatic emergency braking, and adaptive cruise control.
Base price is $39,990 including destination, which is almost $5,000 more than the outgoing model. Answer is that we're cheating a bit, and posting this from an embargoed press release just as Buick unveils the Regal GS to us.
- PRH bags rights to Jodie Whittaker's Doctor Who
- Former Crystal Palace boss, Sam Allardyce open to global job
- Spanish banker found dead with gunshot wound
- Indigo, Air India lift flying ban on TDP MP Diwakar Reddy
- The Shape of Water Trailer: Guillermo del Toro's New Fairy Tale
- Trump slams 'dishonest' media over 'sick' reports of Putin exchange
- Newcastle United confirm £12m signing of Jacob Murphy from Norwich City
- Trump, Putin held second G20 meeting
- New gameplay trailer released for The Evil Within 2
- China urges global support for proposed Seoul-Pyongyang talks