Triple world champion Lewis Hamilton won Sunday's race, a record-equalling fifth victory in Britain and his fourth in a row at Silverstone, to slash Sebastian Vettel's championship lead to a single point. It is about looking forward in 2019 and 2020. Bottas told Motorsport.com that they haven't even started talking about any future plans yet, as those usually happen around when F1 takes a break in August.
"There are some opportunities and after Budapest, l will contemplate what is right and wrong for the team". Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen finished at the third spot despite suffering tyre issues, followed by Red Bull's Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo.
Bottas's team-mate Lewis Hamilton's future was the subject of fresh speculation at Silverstone, with Mercedes having to dismiss rumours he could move to Ferrari and Hamilton intimating that he did not know what would happen after the 2017 season.
Nasdaq, S&P open at record highs
Dow-component IBM reported mixed quarterly results, with earnings per share topping expectations and sales disappointing. The S&P 500 hit a record intraday high at the open, with health care leading advancers.
"First we need to really speak about it before doing any announcement or making contracts", said Bottas.
"I don't know who talked about Ferrari, at least nobody in the team and not himself", he said.
However, Bottas has shown a fine turn since joining Mercedes, his wins in Russian Federation and Austria putting him within 23 points of the championship lead at the mid-way stage in the season. You are not going to hear anything for the next few weeks for sure. "We will still have to wait a few more weeks and see how things go, but that is my target".
"I really, really do feel within myself I'm driving better than I've ever driven", he said. Even when I do stop, something inside me will say I want to get more.
- Liverpool Reportedly Have £66M Naby Keita Bid Turned Down by RB Leipzig
- (IPAR) to Post $0.17 Earnings Per Share
- L'offre de François Fontès retenue — Sauramps
- Comment Google lutte contre le virus Zika
- Maute death toll in ongoing Marawi clash now at 405
- Le Nord et le Pas-de-Calais limitent la consommation d'eau — Sécheresse
- New MCC rules to force Mahendra Singh Dhoni to change bats?
- Michigan QB Wilton Speight makes the Davey O'Brien Award watch list
- Australian senator resigns after learning she's also Canadian
- Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE:PBI) Given Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" by Brokerages